• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

not a spieth fan at all. fuck slow golfers. fuck them right in the ass.

How do you really feel?

I hate slow play, especially when folks are in front of me. And I generally dislike slow players on the tour, though I make an exception for Day and Spieth.

Jordan Spieth has the driver yips and still wins. Sick.

Not many spieth fans here? I thought that was awesome, the celebration was one for the ages. 10 wins before 24 is pretty incredible, certainly has the makings of a phil type career if he can keep it up and win 40 or so total.

His upside is way greater than a Phil type of career. That being said I never really liked him.

I hate slow play on the local track. But I give guys a little leeway when they are playing as a job. It's still annoying but more understandable.

And LK is right, Spieth is lost off the tee. And he is shaky on the short putts. But his iron game and short game is so locked in he can still win. Impressive

Lest we forget, if Spieth hadn't made that sand shot we'd probably be talking about his epic choke.

Lest we forget, if Spieth hadn't made that sand shot we'd probably be talking about his epic choke.

Choke of what? he played the last 4 holes of regulation in -1 and shot even for the day. Berger was super clutch down the stretch and went and caught him. Did he hit some shaky shots? Sure, but golf isn't always a game of makes, it's a game of misses. Lot of negative talk about a guy who just won a tourney without his best stuff. That's impressive anyway you want to slice it.

IIRC, Spieth had a 3 shot lead in real time. Berger was -3 on the back nine while Spieth was +1. If it hadn't been for Spieth's big round on Thursday he would have barely had a top ten finish. I realize that all of the rounds count but he was hanging on by a string Sunday afternoon. And his tee shot on the playoff hole was a foot from bouncing into the water.

Epic choke is Norman at Augusta, Arnie when he lost that 7 shot lead on the back nine at Olympic or Rory's back 9 at Augusta. Not Jordan almost losing to a surging Berger when Jordan had his B game with a shaky driver.

IIRC, Spieth had a 3 shot lead in real time. Berger was -3 on the back nine while Spieth was +1. If it hadn't been for Spieth's big round on Thursday he would have barely had a top ten finish. I realize that all of the rounds count but he was hanging on by a string Sunday afternoon. And his tee shot on the playoff hole was a foot from bouncing into the water.

So he won even though he didn't have close to his best stuff after the first day against a pretty elite field? Sounds pretty impressive to me.

Epic choke is Norman at Augusta, Arnie when he lost that 7 shot lead on the back nine at Olympic or Rory's back 9 at Augusta. Not Jordan almost losing to a surging Berger when Jordan had his B game with a shaky driver.

So he won even though he didn't have close to his best stuff after the first day against a pretty elite field? Sounds pretty impressive to me.

So why didn't he have his best stuff on the back nine on Sunday and why was it getting progressively worse ? Maybe because he was choking.

He pulled out a utility club on the first hole of a playoff to give himself more control and he damn near put it in the water.

On the playoff hole, Speith drove the ball straight into a large tree, but received a fortunate kick back into the fairway. He then hit his second shot into the bunker. It's not like Speith turned up his game once it was tied. That said, give him credit for an perfect shot out of the bunker.

That might be my favorite 20 or so minutes of golf ever. All he had to do was 7 iron, 7 iron, wedge, bogey.

Also enjoyed watching Paddy beat Sergio in the playoff on that course. Though it's probably my least favorite course on the Open rota.

His tee ball on the playoff hole was a snap pull that hit the tree hard and kicked into the middle of the fairway, not sure what you are talking about. If Spieth had shot a 65 he would have won by 5 so do we want to include that as well as a possibility?

So why didn't he have his best stuff on the back nine on Sunday and why was it getting progressively worse ? Maybe because he was choking.

He pulled out a utility club on the first hole of a playoff to give himself more control and he damn near put it in the water.

Did you watch the same playoff hole as anyone else? None of this is correct. He hit driver on the playoff.

Winning with his B stuff is not choking, it's the sign of a generational talent.

His tee ball on the playoff hole was a snap pull that hit the tree hard and kicked into the middle of the fairway, not sure what you are talking about. If Spieth had shot a 65 he would have won by 5 so do we want to include that as well as a possibility?

You're right, it was #17 in regulation. He was lucky to make the playoff.

You can't choke and then win. You either choke or you don't. Jordan had just piped his drive on 18 in regulation right down the gut - they just played for extra adrenalin on the approach and he came up short. He still almost holed out in regulation to win, only to hole out in the playoff. I hope the Deacs start "choking" to win championships like Spieth just did... Plus the aforementioned hybrid was on 17, which Jordan pulled saying "I know I can't reach the water with this" and he didn't. It was close, but that's what happens when you pull the right club. He played the closing holes in 1 under, and nobody in the -9 or better group did any better except Berger - which Spieth made up for in the extra hole.

Choking is Lingmerth starting in 4th on Friday and missing a top 25...

You can't choke and then win. You either choke or you don't. Jordan had just piped his drive on 18 in regulation right down the gut - they just played for extra adrenalin on the approach and he came up short. He still almost holed out in regulation to win, only to hole out in the playoff. I hope the Deacs start "choking" to win championships like Spieth just did... Plus the aforementioned hybrid was on 17, which Jordan pulled saying "I know I can't reach the water with this" and he didn't. It was close, but that's what happens when you pull the right club. He played the closing holes in 1 under, and nobody in the -9 or better group did any better except Berger - which Spieth made up for in the extra hole.

Bingo

I didn't say he choked. I said if he hadn't won it would have been an epic choke. I also said he was choking.

Back