• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Season long College football thread

probably turns out for the best for him - bet he gets scooped up by a p5 school

That's pretty weird. If they grab Lincoln Riley over South Carolina, I'm going to laugh so hard.

This was my first thought. They must think they have a shot at Lincoln. Wow. Ruff is a good guy

This was my first thought. They must think they have a shot at Lincoln. Wow. Ruff is a good guy

Bruce Feldman tweeted that Riley is really close to Ruffin and unlikely to want to replace him.

Sad news, last year's ACC POY James Conner (Pitt) has been diagnosed with Hodgkin Lymphoma link

probably turns out for the best for him - bet he gets scooped up by a p5 school

Probably, but ECU was his dream job. It just doesn't make sense. ECU has an inflated sense of their potential, but this is very bad.

I think you reward a 1-loss team that beat the #1 team in the country in the final game of its season and became the conference champion of a conference with 3 1/2 (ND) top 10 teams.

A 1-loss ACC champ should never be behind a 2-loss team in the playoff. And it shouldn't be behind a team that didn't win its conference championship either.

Does a team that played Hawaii and Western Michigan really have room to complain about their schedule?

And check out the Sagarin rating of NC A & T---154 NC A&T AA = 49.30 9 - 2 who UNC played vs his rating for Hawaii who Ohio State played--166 Hawai'i A = 46.81 3 - 10

Strength of schedule is just one of many things the committee uses and Ohio State does not have a strong case either, especially with how much UNC will jump "if" UNC actually beats #1 Clemson and Ohio State is not playing and is not a conference champion. I think the decision would then come down to if Stanford beats USC and becomes the Pac 12 conference champ. Right now The Cardinal has them both beat easily on SOS as they are at 16, OSU is at 61 & UNC is at 63. That is where the tough decision making comes in--Bama wins, OK is already in, Mich St/Iowa winner is in---UNC & Stanford both win.

That's pretty weird. If they grab Lincoln Riley over South Carolina, I'm going to laugh so hard.

Scary also in that Muschamp just resigned from Auburn and I would hope SC would take a chance on a great offensive mind like Riley, who could then get a great DC out there for help instead of getting a retread as a head coach in Muschamp who has already lost at Florida. But it can't get any stranger than the hires that MD or UCF made already I don't guess.

South Carolina loves those Gator sloppy seconds although this one would be severely misguided

Gators looking a bit frisky early. Gonna ride the "no one believes in us" card I guess...

so is this the sec defense speed or sec offensive ineptitude winning out here?

this game is schloppy, schloppy, schloppy

Back