• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sensational 7: Rankings

Which of the Sensational 7 will have the best college career?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That last part is what I've always been scared with about CMM. He's a hell of a player and I've always felt he'd leave early, never heard that type of conformation though.

I mean, it's complete speculation even on his part. It's just worth noting that they recruited him with this in mind.

Bwahahahahaha!!!! Wasn't Codi a Top 75 recruit at best?

Exactly. I know it was DCDeac rather than Strick, but Devin as a 15 and 10 guy "easy"? Darius Songaila, Eric Williams, James Johnson, and some guy named Rodney Rogers all fell short of that mark. Timmy, AFA, and Rod Griffin are the only guys to average that in the last 40 years.

Devin Thomas -15.7 pts, 10.0 reb. Easy.

CMM
Thomas
Cav
Tree
Jones
Moto
AW

I'm content with my rankings.

Too low on Moto, and Thomas was probably the best (Cav could make the case possibly with another year at GW)...pleased with my assessment overall.

I can't help but think that Moto is ultimately the best player on this roster.

Here's my list:

1. Arnaud - 6'6 defensive stopper is a spot-up perimeter game and some experience away from being Travis's best case comparison. I think we'll see significant improvement between years one and two. Whether he emerges as a pro prospect really isn't a question at this point - he simply has all of the characteristics of an indispensable college player and the potential to become a stud for us on both ends of the floor. He's obviously not in Josh Howard's league (yet), but I think he can be that kind of player if he capitalizes on his potential. And he's got four years to do it...

Projected career year: 17 ppg, 7 rpg, 2 apg, 2 spg, 2 bpg

2. Codi - I see Codi developing into a Justin Gray-type player, not much of a point guard, but a tremendous scorer who can play on or off of the ball. Unless he develops into an outstanding defender or morphs into a point guard, I don't think he'll have the opportunity to be more than a productive scorer and key facilitator of our offense - as he's not a point guard (I think his ceiling is somewhere between Justin Gray's senior year and CJ Harris's junior year [or for a non-Wake comparison: think Jack McClinton], rather than those of our pure PG's) - but, like Justin, he'll definitely get some looks as a pro.

Projected career year: 18 ppg, 2 rpg, 4 apg, 2 spg

3. Aaron - Others have pointed this out and call it cliche, but Aaron shows so many things that you just cannot teach. He has leaders' intangibles, a solid work ethic and a relentless in-game motor, shows awareness on both ends of the floor, and is focused on defense. This already positions him well to have a good college career. He's less physically gifted than Moto and really doesn't fit purely into the SF or PF position on offense at the moment, but he's going to have an awesome college career as a guy that every team needs. His ceiling is very high, but with all of these multi-faceted combo-forwards, it remains to be seen what his ultimate role and developmental trajectory will be.

Projected career year: 14 ppg, 8 rpg, 3 apg, 2 spg, 2 bpg

4. Andre - Andre's upside is through the roof and I really think that once he adds some strength, then he'll be the best center that's come through our program since Kyle and Eric graduated. You can't teach size, but more importantly, you can't teach size "heart." Andre has a long way to go, but simply being a mobile 7'0+ means that he has the potential to be special. At the very least, there's no doubt in my mind that he'll be better than Chas, Tony, or Ty.

Projected career year: 14 ppg, 9 rpg, 1 apg, 3 bpg

5. Devin - I think his upside is more limited than the above four, as he's not a physical specimen (average size, above average athlete), but he's going to be a really good college big man. I love that he earns his minutes on pure hustle. If his skills come along, then he could easily go higher, but our lack of a big man coach and recent troubles in developing bigs don't really suggest that he'll develop a ton given his limitations.

Projected career year: 12 ppg, 10 rpg, 1 apg, 1 spg, 1 bpg

6. Tyler - I love what he does and I stand by him even through his rough start, but he's just not as talented as the above guys and doesn't really possess any of their upside. What I do love is that he's an ideal player for a non-traditional offense (like the one that we run through CJ and Codi) given his versatility out of the pick-and-roll game and his shot will start falling eventually. What I don't like is that he hasn't been a very good rebounder or defender, and he hasn't shown much in the way of hustle to overcome his obvious physical limitations. It's early, but Cav strikes me as a guy whose ceiling is very low. He'll be useful, but not much more.

Projected career year: 8 ppg, 3 rpg, 2 apg, 1 spg

7. Madison - I love his heart and his hustle. I love his effort on defense. I love that we finally have a competent back-up point guard, but let's be honest...

Projected career year: 7 ppg, 2 rpg, 4 apg, 2 spg

If Daniel counted as a freshman, I'd put him between Devin and Tyler.
dVJNUJlVS6yeyEYhtJIL_Confused%20Mark%20Wahlberg.gif

Cav is playing well for G-W. 16 & 7, 50% shooting, with 40% on threes, with almost 100 attempts . Also 84% FT, with the most attempts and makes on the team. He would have been a good player on this Wake team. Even if it would have meant losing the season and 1/2 of Krab.

Last edited:
Bloody hell. Hate reading those old hopeful expectations knowing I'll be saying the same kind of thing again next year about the freshmen.

This thread is proof positive that there are a ton of insane posters on this board.

Don't know. Hasn't posted in awhile after being a regular poster at least as long as I've been around.

Bwahahahahaha!!!! Wasn't Codi a Top 75 recruit at best?

Devin Thomas -15.7 pts, 10.0 reb. Easy.

It'd be fun to be able to peak into an alternate universe where we started Crawford/Codi/Cav/Moto/Devin this year with Collins/Moore/Wilbekin off the bench. (I'm assuming we wouldn't have Dinos in that alternate reality).

It'd be fun to be able to peak into an alternate universe where we started Crawford/Codi/Cav/Moto/Devin this year with Collins/Moore/Wilbekin off the bench. (I'm assuming we wouldn't have Dinos in that alternate reality).

I would prefer not to go down any road involving any of these [Redacted] related players.

I think Roundtree will have the most success, assuming, of course, that he transfers into a program that is capable of using his skill set. That's what is so hard about this, is one has to hope they make a good choice on where to play next.

Swing and a miss.

Swing and a miss.

I mean you weren't completely wrong. He wasn't the best, but he transferred to Iona and is doing quite well on a team that's better than Wake. He is near the top of the league in steals and blocks, and plays 65% of their minutes.

I mean you weren't completely wrong. He wasn't the best, but he transferred to Iona and is doing quite well on a team that's better than Wake. He is near the top of the league in steals and blocks, and plays 65% of their minutes.

Yeah. 6.4 pts, 5.0 reb, 2.7 ast, 1.7 blk, .500 fg on 5 fga. We could have used that at SF this year.

MAAC ain't the ACC. Rountree was the 2nd worst defender on the team last year.

Tree was hopeless in defense except the point man in a press

What was the final answer? I think it is:

CMM
Devin
Cav
Moto
Rountree
Jones
Washington

Back