• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

"South Forest" -- what the hell is this all about?

Yo, wakephan, I have it on good authority that Notre Dame students derive a lot of their identity from their hall. Their football team and their residence hall are the two things I hear them talk about the most.

This. My best friend went to ND and I have been to the campus with him several times. The dorms that ND students live in are basically fraternities for them. They are very important for the students identities.

It won't help him de-emphasize Greek life. Only geeds would base their social lives on Harry Potter.

Hatch trying to turn us into Notre Dame

This is EXACTLY what ND is like, everyone reps their dorm. Its like Summer camp

I was at Wake from '95-'99 and the place has changed so much I don't recognize it. It used to be much like a regular southern university as far as social life, intramurals, D-I sports, etc. I and others started to notice a change when the walls and gates went up (which, to be fair was in response to an on campus sexual assault by a townie). Still, the gates changed the "feel" of Wake...I think that was the beginning...then we hired that asshole Hatch...I've noted the miserable conversation I had with that narcissist on here before and I won't recount it but he has and continues to create a "New Wake" in ND's image. I'm glad I went to Wake when I did. I don't think I would select Wake now...I would probably go to a public university in the top 30 instead (which, again, was what Wake felt like to me back in '95). The private schools are so "sissified."

Back