• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Survival and Pick 'Em Games 2015 (Week 3 reset for Survival)

I wonder what happens in our poll with a tie.

This may be the only time I've ever rooted for the Cowboys. That cost 27 people their slots in the big pool. We're down to 121 from 365 (or 369).

If the tie loses, eight more people go out.

EDIT: Ties keep you alive in our pool. Dang!

You have the easiest pool known to mankind. Please give me a heads up next year. I will enter even though 500 people will tie for first place in week 17. And yes I'm butthurt because I was bounced out of my pool this week.

You have the easiest pool known to mankind. Please give me a heads up next year. I will enter even though 500 people will tie for first place in week 17. And yes I'm butthurt because I was bounced out of my pool this week.

It goes through the Super Bowl unless it's under five people and they agree to split it. It was down to five people with five weeks left last year.

I'm praying to get through this week. It's really tough (we can't bet the Thursday game).

53 people out today so far. We're down to 68 out of 369.

Come on Cards!

Only 6 left in the Yahoo league including myself. Leaning towards Detroit against a bad-looking Atlanta team in London, or Dallas at home vs Washington

Only 6 left in the Yahoo league including myself. Leaning towards Detroit against a bad-looking Atlanta team in London, or Dallas at home vs Washington

Detroit isn't exactly lighting up the league.

I would love it if as many go out this week as went out last week. :)

Can't believe almost half of Yahoo Survivor players took the road Browns or a road Seahawks team this week.

Next week looks rough. Almost wish I hadn't gone Cowboys this week to save them for vs. Skins. The Browns and Chiefs are my only available home teams favored by more than 3.

Can't believe almost half of Yahoo Survivor players took the road Browns or a road Seahawks team this week.

Next week looks rough. Almost wish I hadn't gone Cowboys this week to save them for vs. Skins. The Browns and Chiefs are my only available home teams favored by more than 3.

Either of those seem like good options. The Rams are bound to have a let-down game after a big win last week. And the Chiefs are good as anybody at home. On the other hand, the Browns are hosting the worst team in football. The Raiders absolutely suck donkey balls.

In a pick-em league with confidence points with about 200 people. I had 2 entrants, so I went with a strategy of identifying the biggest 2 underdogs, and having each entrant pick one. So far have won 2 of the 6 weeks I've been in it with that strategy, because when it hits, everyone else is screwed.

However, both of the 2 weeks we won were with the same entrant, that now that one is actually in about 12th place, about 15-20 points behind the leader. Assuming everyone else goes with the standard assigning the most confidence points to the biggest favorites, what (if any) would be the ideal strategy to try to win the whole league, which has a big payout for the top 3?

You get to drop your lowest week, but I imagine for most everyone that will be one of the weeks when 6 teams are on bye, so I'm thinking playing it safe at least through the big bye weeks coming up. Basically we're 1 big underdog pick away from being at the top.

preliminarily, I think I'm going for assigning 1 and 2 points to Denver and New England this week, which I suppose in theory costs me 2 more points for every other game I get wrong opposed to the ideal strategy. Anything else?

Either of those seem like good options. The Rams are bound to have a let-down game after a big win last week. And the Chiefs are good as anybody at home. On the other hand, the Browns are hosting the worst team in football. The Raiders absolutely suck donkey balls.

I'd go chiefs of those two. I think the Browns are poised fro a tank job. OL is a mess after the Mack loss and the D is just bad. Raiders will give them a test next week.

Atlanta is starting a guy they picked off the street named James Stone to start at Center against Suh this weekend.

I know the London games are weird, but the Falcons SUCK and Matt Ryan might actually die on the field this weekend.

Atlanta will again have a good offense when they get their line healthy - not sure when that is. OTOH, Detroit is no sure thing as long as Megatron is out. And while I don't normally like rivalry games, I can't picture the Washington NFLs beating the Cowboys in Dallas with McCoy poised to make his 1st start. Washington won't be able to contain the Cowboys O at all.

Falcons O-line won't be healthy till next season. Starting Center - gone for season. Starting LT - gone for season. Backup LT - gone for season. Backup center - gone for season.

Oooh - didn't realize they were done for the year. That's ugly. And well could get Mike Smith fired. Which is too bad because I think he's a decent coach. But yeah, the Ravens front 7 absolutely abused their OL on Sunday.

Back