• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Survival and Pick 'Em Games 2015 (Week 3 reset for Survival)

Tennessee is really bad and so is Tampa.

I would prob trust the Skins because they are at home and the Steelers are on the road. Don't Mike Tomlin/Big Ben typ do well on MNF tho?

The good Steelers will show up on primetime television.

Yeah, I don't like road teams, but at this point in the season you sometimes get less palatable home teams. But lord I can't figure out Pittsburgh this year. Crush the Browns for a half then almost lose, get crushed by Balmur, crush Carolina, lose at home to lowly Tampa, then eke by Houston and Jax while getting crushed by Cleveland and then crush Indy and Balmur only to lose to the Jets. My Ravens have been up and down, but I don't know if I've seen a less predictable. Can a team be collectively bipolar?

Yeah, I don't like road teams, but at this point in the season you sometimes get less palatable home teams. But lord I can't figure out Pittsburgh this year. Crush the Browns for a half then almost lose, get crushed by Balmur, crush Carolina, lose at home to lowly Tampa, then eke by Houston and Jax while getting crushed by Cleveland and then crush Indy and Balmur only to lose to the Jets. My Ravens have been up and down, but I don't know if I've seen a less predictable. Can a team be collectively bipolar?

But does that make them a worse pick than the Skins against a Tampa team that keeps losing, but has kept it close the last few weeks and isn't going to finish 1-15?

But does that make them a worse pick than the Skins against a Tampa team that keeps losing, but has kept it close the last few weeks and isn't going to finish 1-15?

Nah. I don't trust the Washington NFLs. If I had to guess, I'm thinking Pittsburgh bounces back against a limited team starting Zach Mettenberger at QB. I watched Zach a few days ago and he couldn't do a thing after their 1st 2 drives. I don't like his chances against Dick LeBeau. But what do I know - I got Nugented.

Congrats to Bo Knows, Wake20, Ph Picks, and Infidel Goat Monkeys. You all tanked this week so you all get to share the victory. Enjoy your Survival trophy.

:woot:

Still perfect aside from that horrible Dallas loss. Our work pool was a bloodbath last week after several picked Denver and Washington. I took Pittsburgh so I'm in first place again. Would you take KC tonight in Oakland, or Indy at home vs Jacksonville. KC gets Oakland again at home in a few weeks, but for some reason I'm a little nervous about taking Indy. They can't lose to Jacksonville, right?

Trap game for KC, plus its a division game. Oakland stinks, but it's also a short week and a national game for them at home, so crazy things seem to happen more often during those. Indy will definitely beat Jacksonville.

Still perfect aside from that horrible Dallas loss. Our work pool was a bloodbath last week after several picked Denver and Washington. I took Pittsburgh so I'm in first place again. Would you take KC tonight in Oakland, or Indy at home vs Jacksonville. KC gets Oakland again at home in a few weeks, but for some reason I'm a little nervous about taking Indy. They can't lose to Jacksonville, right?

Indy is a lock and then you save KC for when they play Oakland at Arrowhead. Book it.

Giants away vs Jacksonville, Miami on Monday night at the Jets, or Detroit on a short week at home vs Chicago? I try to stay away from divisional matchups since my only loss is Dallas at home vs the Giants, and I dodged a bullet by not picking KC on the road, but I'm wary of the Lions on a short week especially with Chicago having won their last two. Taking the Dolphins could be risky, and I would be picking the Giants based only on how awful the Jags are. What do you all think? Those are my three best options, but I was also considering the idea of taking the rams at home vs Oakland?

For those still in the Pick 'Em game, remember that we are going through the playoffs. There is still plenty of time to get your picks in for the Wild Card weekend, so don't forget.

Back