• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tar Holes NOA from the NCAA

The NCAA has already imposed sanctions on the University of North Carolina, including forfeiting wins, scholarship restrictions and a postseason ban on its football team which kept it out of the 2012 ACC Championship Game, a berth UNC earned on the field of play with players not accused of any of the wrongdoing. This is the second investigation. These are the facts.

Are you trying to say that no new infractions have come to light since the ones on which those sanctions were based?

Are you trying to say that no new infractions have come to light since the ones on which those sanctions were based?

No, I'm pointing out that your champion in this case (the NCAA Selective Enforcement Committee) is re-investigating different aspects of an academic scandal at UNC during the same period of time that it rescineded(!) punishment imposed by consent(!) on Penn State for the time they covered up a decade's worth of child rape at the highest levels of the University because FOOTBAWW!

Should Carolina be punished? Yes.
Was Carolina punished? Yes.
Should Carolina be re-punishment? Maybe, we shall see.

The process is broken, the system is broken, and angry, selective outrage at one's rival school isn't terribly hard to ferret out. We already have an N.C. State. and one is far too many. A second is not merited under these circumstances. Is there a rival fan base mature enough to see the big picture of our broken system? I'm hoping Wake Will(TM). Or maybe I'm just trolling you people, which for a group as impressed with itself as the OGB, shouldn't really be this easy. Who's to say?

Please jhmd, save this angry mob from itself ! We're so ashamed at how unbecoming our behavior has become.

Not caring about football must make it easier to move the goal posts, amirite?

Are you making the argument that if the basketball team cheats, and the football team is punished for an all together different violation, then justice has been served?

The basketball team has been implicated in this current list of violations. What punishment have they received?

Are you making the argument that if the basketball team cheats, and the football team is punished for an all together different violation, then justice has been served?

The basketball team has been implicated in this current list of violations. What punishment have they received?

Have they, by name? Which allegation in particular?

Please jhmd, save this angry mob from itself ! We're so ashamed at how unbecoming our behavior has become.

I would, but an emo band of keyboard warriors constitutes a clear and present danger only to the comment sections of graphic novels fansites. We must devote our limited security resources to worthy threats.

Have they, by name? Which allegation in particular?

Haha. You almost got me. I'll be getting in touch with you about that avatar soon enough.

If you have questions regarding the Men's basketball team's involvement in the academic scandal please see said article. It does a decent job of summarizing some of the main points.

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/education/unc-scandal/article10122626.html

The entire list of allegations from the NCAA is right here:

http://3qh929iorux3fdpl532k03kg.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/NCAA-NOA.pdf

If you are still unsure if the UNC basketball was involved in the academic fraud that was occurring in Chapel Hill I am afraid I cannot help you sir.

Last edited:
Haha. You almost got me. I'll be getting in touch with you about that avatar soon enough.

If you have questions regarding the Men's basketball team's involvement in the academic scandal please see said article. It does a decent job of summarizing some of the main points.

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/education/unc-scandal/article10122626.html

The entire list of allegations from the NCAA is right here:

http://3qh929iorux3fdpl532k03kg.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/NCAA-NOA.pdf

If you are still unsure if the UNC basketball was involved in the academic fraud that was occurring in Chapel Hill I am afraid I cannot help you sir.

Meh, the local media has been staying afloat for years telling hate-ridden Statefans what they want to hear. Until they pin something on Roy, I'm not sure I would get my envy-fueled hopes up if I were you. In fact, if I were you, I would focus more on what I might accomplish, rather than spending irreplaceable days and nights worrying about what someone else has achieved. I thought you were a Republican...;)

Always the victim; it's never your fault.

Not so much that, I just hate when you guys miss the big picture. You'd think I'd be used to it by now, but I care for you guys, so I press on undaunted.

Sure, you could fly into West Africa and find A patient with AN Ebola positive test. If you boarded a plane back to the United States and screamed "There is one dude in West Africa with Ebola!", you wouldn't be technically wrong, you just might have missed something important along the way.

Not so much that, I just hate when you guys miss the big picture. You'd think I'd be used to it by now, but I care for you guys, so I press on undaunted.

I mean, we get your point that there are deeply entrenched systemic problems with the NCAA and NCAA sports -- i'm not sure that anyone disagrees with that. The problem is that Carolina was caught knowingly and surreptitiously keeping student-athletes eligible with fake courses for decades and winning because of it. If the NCAA wants to maintain any credibility at all -- and maintain a system that keeps a lot of parties pretty wealthy -- they have to punish y'all. I'd hope if other institutions were caught in similar circumstances, Wake included, that they'd be equally punished. For me, it has nothing to do with the fact that it is Carolina.

On the other hand, I'm pretty upset about the academic fraud for what it is, and the fact that the flagship institution of my beloved state was perpetuating it. I'd be even more pissed if I had a degree from UNC.

I mean, we get your point that there are deeply entrenched systemic problems with the NCAA and NCAA sports -- i'm not sure that anyone disagrees with that. The problem is that Carolina was caught knowingly and surreptitiously keeping student-athletes eligible with fake courses for decades and winning because of it. If the NCAA wants to maintain any credibility at all -- and maintain a system that keeps a lot of parties pretty wealthy -- they have to punish y'all. I'd hope if other institutions were caught in similar circumstances, Wake included, that they'd be equally punished. For me, it has nothing to do with the fact that it is Carolina.

On the other hand, I'm pretty upset about the academic fraud for what it is, and the fact that the flagship institution of my beloved state was perpetuating it. I'd be even more pissed if I had a degree from UNC.

I agree, but let's keep in mind that they did punish Carolina. Your post acts as if that didn't happen at all. What you are asking is that they be re-punished. It's better if we stick to the facts.

If the NCAA is worried about its credibility, they wouldn't have rescinded the consent punishment they imposed for intentionally covering up child rape. I hope you don't actually believe in the credibility of the NCAA. If Mark Emmert and Rashad McCants are on one side of a debate, why haven't you already run to the other side?

I agree, but let's keep in mind that they did punish Carolina. Your post acts as if that didn't happen at all. What you are asking is that they be re-punished. It's better if we stick to the facts.

If the NCAA is worried about its credibility, they wouldn't have rescinded the consent punishment they imposed for intentionally covering up child rape. I hope you don't actually believe in the credibility of the NCAA. If Mark Emmert and Rashad McCants are on one side of a debate, why haven't you already run to the other side?

Should we take this guy for his word?

“Our track record is pretty doggone good. And our track record has been pretty doggone good for 15 years at Kansas, nine years at North Carolina. And we know how much we emphasize the academic side in the basketball office. We know what our guys are majoring in. We know -- every day we’re in touch with those kids. So it’s something, again, that I’m very proud of.

So you're trolling right now. Good, I was thinking you actually believed the shit you were writing.

So you're trolling right now. Good, I was thinking you actually believed the shit you were writing.

I would prefer that if we simply must have a bad guy, we begin with the child abuse enablers and work our way downward from there. But if you guys insist on ridding this Earth of assignments in classes you didn't take at a school you didn't attend first, I guess every cause needs its champion.

I imagine you're still trolling, but I'll respond anyways (and it is the same thing that others have pointed out here over and over again): Carolina was punished for other transgressions. These are new(ly revealed) and merit additional punishment.

What most UNC fans fail to grasp is why all the hatred and vitriol is being directed at them. For years, other schools watched UNC win championships and had to endure their boasts of winning as "The Public Ivy", adhering to "The Carolina Way", and "Esse quam videri". Now we know that was all bullshit. UNC was winning championships, claiming the ethical and academic high road, all while cheating their baby blue asses off.

Even if they aren't slammed, as they should be, at least we won't have to listen to that tripe anymore.

What most UNC fans fail to grasp is why all the hatred and vitriol is being directed at them. For years, other schools watched UNC win championships and had to endure their boasts of winning as "The Public Ivy", adhering to "The Carolina Way", and "Esse quam videri". Now we know that was all bullshit. UNC was winning championships, claiming the ethical and academic high road, all while cheating their baby blue asses off.

Even if they aren't slammed, as they should be, at least we won't have to listen to that tripe anymore.

I wouldn't put it past those baby blue bitches in assuming we won't have to hear about the "Carolina way" despite their incessant cheating over the years.

Back