• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The 2012 Official MLB Baseball Thread (Mother's basement edition)

Wow, not much love for the Braves there. It seems like they are getting overlooked among the moves of the Marlins and Nats.

no one has the Red Sox making the playoffs, come on guys. Last year they were supposed to be the greatest team of all time.

no one has the Red Sox making the playoffs, come on guys. Last year they were supposed to be the greatest team of all time.

Tim Kurchen and Doug Glanville each picked the Bosox to be a wild card.

farnsworth already nursing a sore elbow. frodney finna be comeback POTY!

Wow, not much love for the Braves there. It seems like they are getting overlooked among the moves of the Marlins and Nats.

The Angels aren't getting the love they should. They dramatically upgraded their team.....I wouldn't want to face that lineup and Weaver/Haren/Wilson in a playoff series.

Another damn tease from MLB. One game?!? Just start already.....I look forward to the start of baseball more than any other sport, except maybe college football, but damn it seems like it takes forever to finally get rolling....

The Angels aren't getting the love they should. They dramatically upgraded their team.....I wouldn't want to face that lineup and Weaver/Haren/Wilson in a playoff series.

I finished the board prediction game contest too late, but I have them as the first team to clinch a playoff spot. Their hitting +pitching are awesome.

other than pujols there lineup isn't really that scary. Trout better be good because the OF is atrocious. Kendrick is good but a hacker and injury prone, and Morales has looked alright in spring training but the guy hasnt played in 2 years.

Haha. Projections: where the best teams are the ones with the shiney new toys.

I finished the board prediction game contest too late, but I have them as the first team to clinch a playoff spot. Their hitting +pitching are awesome.

Petition RedSoxFaithful to get in late. The season has barely started and it would be more fun with more participants anyway.

other than pujols there lineup isn't really that scary. Trout better be good because the OF is atrocious. Kendrick is good but a hacker and injury prone, and Morales has looked alright in spring training but the guy hasnt played in 2 years.

Come on....

Aybar
Kendrick
Pujols
Hunter
Morales
Wells
Callaspo
Ianetta
Bourgos

That's pretty solid......if Wells and Morales bounce back, then it's really solid. Then they still have Trout, Trumbo, and Abreu available.....even though they should ship Abreu.

Will Pujols hit in the 3 spot in that lineup?

Pujols is batting third.

Not many people want Abreu with his $9M contract.

Yeah he has nasty stuff. San Diego had Stras fever when he was at SDSU. I wonder if they string out his 160 innings limit in an attempt to preserve him for a possible playoff push, or if they do like Zimmerman and let him pitch naturally and then shut him down whenever he reaches 160.

Based on what Davey Johnson said I think they'll let him pitch naturally and then shut him down.

For those that care, some pictures of some of the modifications to Camden Yards...changing the right field wall a bit and a new center field standing room only where the camera guys were

http://wbal.com/article/88448/21/template-story/A-New-Look-For-Oriole-Park-At-Camden-Yards

88448-Orioles%20Opening%20Day%202012%20Flag%20Court%201.jpg
88448-Orioles%20Opening%20Day%202012%20Roof%20Deck%201.jpg

Camden Yards might be my favorite of parks I've been to. Hope to get down there for the Phils series.

Anybody wanna speculate about what the Miami lineup is gonna look like tonight?

Also, I would take a point penalty if RedSox would let me submit after work today.

Back