• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Bridge (FX)

She's supposed to be. That's good acting. I forgot she was hot until she changed her short.

Yeah but she can't be this annoying for 13 shows, I don't care how cool the Mexican cop is

i dont get why she has to have some disorder. why is this the new normal? why cant she just be a woman cop teaming up with a mexican cop? i'd still watch that show.

I watched it and thought it was pretty good. One of the reviews I read said that her performances become better as the episodes progress and should be less annoying. They brought on a guy with autism to advise and that he helped keep her performance as true to Aspergers as possible.

As someone who works with kid's with autism it's always interesting to see how it's portrayed on tv. I hope it doesn't become a focal point or downfall for the show.

i dont get why she has to have some disorder. why is this the new normal? why cant she just be a woman cop teaming up with a mexican cop? i'd still watch that show.

Probably worth noting that the producer of The Bridge (Meredith Stiehm) was one of the writers for Homeland. So we have Det. Sonya Cross with Aspergers in The Bridge and Carrie Mathison with bipolar disorder.

Has Donald Ross chimed in yet on the chick cop's Aspergers?

I am watching the original Danish/Swedish show on dailymotion.com. Bron/Broen. It is so so good. The NY Times said the original is so much better than the American remake so watching that one.

That may be bone's douchiest post.

haha. says the black pot to the kettle. I didn't say the Bridge sucked. I don't know. Haven't watched it and it is one pilot episode in. But you can watch the entire 10 episode original online for free at dailymotion.com, which is what I started to do out of curiousity and am now 6 episodes in. I'm totally hooked. How is that douchey. I read the NYTimes. They said the American version was a little pretentious compared to the original. It it pretentious to want to watch the less pretentious version??? Plus I don't know shit about Danish life or Swedish life but holy hell they have brooding and dark crime stories down cold.

I think you are projecting my intent, PH, which is not surprising. That who you be. At least online.

I just hope they don't take what seems to be a premise for one tremendous season and turn it into .75 great seasons and 2.25 turribad ones like The Killing did.

I actually like The Killing this year, though I am a couple of episodes behind. Good start anyway. Also watching The Fall on Netflix on demand. An Irish cop thriller series but oddly stars the X File chick. It's good, a little weird. They spend half the show following the actual serial killer and sort of linger in his obsessions which is following brunettes and fixating on their ass, tits and under garments, giving the camera an excuse to the do the same. Can't tell whether I'm uncomfortable because it is too overt and it takes me out of the show (the actress knows they are zeroing in on her ass, right?), or because they are taking my natural every day activities and presenting them ... as traits I share with a serial killer, albeit a fictional one at least.

I just hope they don't take what seems to be a premise for one tremendous season and turn it into .75 great seasons and 2.25 turribad ones like The Killing did.

This x infinity.

I'm curious if the show will follow the case hour by hour or day by day or just as things happen.

I could tell you since I'm watching the original but that would just be too douchey wouldn't it?

Well I do know the format of the bridge is more pretentious than the original. I just don't know which format is the most pretentious.

I think the criticism is that the original had no idea they were making must see tv on a global scale so the just made it no frills while the remake is a little too lyrical w the camera and music. They KNEW they were making great drama and sort of catch22 the remake suffers accordingly

But tou go on about your caustic day ph. We loathe you I mean love you. I can actually ratched back and forth by post. Do the flesh and blood people on your life have the same experience I wonder? Funny smart self important boorish. All in a days work my man

It took me a few days, but I finally finished the first episode last night. FX has been putting out some great shows the past few years, and I dont expect this one to be any different. Its a great plot and completely relevant to current events from that region.

Monday morning mimosas, bone?

Back