• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Bridge (FX)

Good episode. The reveal and the killer were awkward, but I'll wait to see where it goes. I was hoping for something bigger than a revenge plot.

Nice, glad to see it gets a second season now that we have the original Norwegian story arc out of the way. I grew pretty tired of the serial killer stuff the last couple episodes. Charlotte's devolution into crime, Daniel's continued progress, and the across-the-border drug politics are much more interesting.

Agreed. I'm sticking by my Charlotte as Walter White prediction.

I'm happy for The Bridge to be over soon. My Wednesdays 10-11 are booked solid by FX, FXX, and Comedy Central.

This is my problem with the show.

"I'm going to place him in an easily escapable situation involving an overly-elaborate and exotic death"
"Why don't you just shoot him now?"

"Close the doors"
"What! You're not even going to watch him die"
"No. I'll just assume that everything went according to plan"

I was actually relieved that Gus died.

Agreed. That was good tension. I didn't like the plot but it was done well. They managed to take Lobo play calls and execute them very well.

The one thing that baffled me about Gus' death is that he probably could have just plugged the hole with his thumb and stopped (or slowed down) the water. Shrug.

Fuck Sepinwall

Also not turning the water off as soon as they got to the house was stupid. As for him not plugging the hole, his hands were behind his back. He didn't try very hard though

Yea, defs could have used his head.

Good episode last night.

Returns to FX next Wednesday.

I didn't find myself missing this show in the least. It really fizzled down the stretch imo.

I didn't find myself missing this show in the least. It really fizzled down the stretch imo.

i enjoyed it up until a few developments towards the end. they then tried to set up season 2 which went beyond the where the original (dutch??) version ended.

I think the problem is that they were trying to do the serial killer angle from the overseas version. I hope they focus more on the border issues and bring in some current storylines.

No thanks. Love the lead actor but this show tanked so hard I had to quit it.

No doubt, the serial killer stuff really sucked at the end of last season. I also was not a fan of Annabeth Gish's character or that storyline. I wouldn't say I'm pumped at all for this 2nd season, but I'll probably check out the first episode to see where they pick up. If they concentrate more on the missing girls and corruption, and the crazy mumbling dude with the sideburns from Top of the Lake, that would be good.

No doubt, the serial killer stuff really sucked at the end of last season. I also was not a fan of Annabeth Gish's character or that storyline. I wouldn't say I'm pumped at all for this 2nd season, but I'll probably check out the first episode to see where they pick up. If they concentrate more on the missing girls and corruption, and the crazy mumbling dude with the sideburns from Top of the Lake, that would be good.

The Annabeth Gish angle has potential if they are going with a Walter White type angle.

Bit of a spoiler, but Sepinwall said that she's not in the first two episodes and the serial killer angle isn't mentioned much.

I just didn't find her character very compelling and didn't particularly like the actress. That was clearly the route they were aiming for, but I don't think Annabeth Gish has the acting chops of Bryan Cranston. Also, Walter White was likeable and sympathetic in the beginning (while a weenie), while her character has never been likeable.

My son has a preschool classmate whose mom is a writer on the bridge, and my wife is terrified that I'm going to chat her up about serial killers at a four year old birthday party.

Back