• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The #Buzzout #Wellmanout Billboard: Development Thread

I have not followed this at all, but is this dude really putting up a billboard IN MAY?
I've got a feeling if a poll was put up, majority of people would say we should just wait until closer to basketball season when it might actually matter.

Nothing will come from it now.

why not one in the fall and one at the end of the season if we have money for 2? one for, you know, when he would be fired?

why not one in the fall and one at the end of the season if we have money for 2? one for, you know, when he would be fired?

Well, the billboard target's season is only just ending, and I suppose he could absolutely be fired over the summer.

Well, the billboard target's season is only just ending, and I suppose he could absolutely be fired over the summer.

No way anything happens over the summer. If either one was going to be fired, it would have happened a month ago. This is the worst time of year for something like this. Wait until at least August.

He isn't getting fired over the summer unless he gets caught with a dead woman or a live boy.

bzz is here next year. (wellman covers up a dead body). the timing on this was ruined and the momentum wasted. any new momentum will need to be re-earned. had it occurred while the BOT was meeting. maybe that would have added to their discussion while they were meeting. at this point it sure seems like a waste of time.

It's true the ball was dropped with the momentum created by the ads. However, people have been hassling this guy to get something up so that they can feel secure in not having been jobbed. Another portion wants there to be a wait before going forth with the billboard. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

RSF is damned if he does and damned if he don't. For every person who's telling him to wait until the fall, someone else is demanding a billboard ASAP.

Of course, it's all a scam anyway, so you can't feel sorry for him.

Nothing will come from it ever. It's only about getting the media attention anyway. Hopefully no one actually thinks Ron will make decisions based on a billboard.

This.

It was always about embarrassing Ron Wellman. For the first time in this whole campaign, the words "Fire Ron Wellman" will be highlighted and plastered in Downtown Winston Salem. That is not a message that should be underestimated or disregarded. It is explicit, it direct, and it is an attack. Period.

It's true the ball was dropped with the momentum created by the ads. However, people have been hassling this guy to get something up so that they can feel secure in not having been jobbed. Another portion wants there to be a wait before going forth with the billboard. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Woah! Simpatico. Next thing you know I'll be attempting a stand-up 69!

On the damned if you do, damned if you don't: I was going to post the same thing, but realistically none of that matters. The billboard is actually in motion, and I'm obviously not going to stop or undo that. Besides, we'll have a couple grand leftover to work with come autumn/winter.

That is so sad.

I still can't believe the difference in this process and this:

63554710a3fb5b1e5eb219ff79505427.jpg

Back