• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Leftovers on HBO

Just watched the Pilot.

Its quite a subversive show, which I'm actually digging. Not sure it was good timing on HBO's part to release this in the dead of summer given the dark material, but I'm intrigued enough to keep watching.

Set up some interesting stuff. And who cares if we don't know what happened? We don't know what caused the zombie virus in Walking Dead and we all beat off to that show.

I liked the 2nd episode more than the 1st. I will certainly continue watching.

From what I've read, each ep gets better. Makes sense.

I also like how they've set it up sorta like LOST where everyone has their backstory and "where were you?" story.

Police Chief seemed to be banging out the wife, etc.

I guess Hillary hasn't disappeared, shame.

Love the casting of the dad.

I'm all in on this stuff.

I'll give it another episode or two, but am not real impressed.

I'll give it another episode or two, but am not real impressed.

I'm told the third episode is the game changer. I like the main guy, the police chief and his family is also good. Some of the other characters are meh and obviously I'm waiting for Buddy Garrity to come back.

The dude handing out flyers is too famous for his role this far, he has to step up soon.

I'm still not sold on this show yet. To me this is John from Cincinnati all over again but weirder. I was disappointed when that got cancelled and will at least watch the first season of this to see where it goes, but don't have high hopes at this point.

I think it's great, but I can't tell if that's only because I'm so confused as to what is real.

The dude handing out flyers is too famous for his role this far, he has to step up soon.

He reminds me of the Priest in Deadwood.

Not gonna lie, the two teenaged girls are nice to look at...

I think it's great, but I can't tell if that's only because I'm so confused as to what is real.

If they're using LOST rules, pretty much everything is real except for the obvious dream-states.

To me this is John from Cincinnati all over again but weirder.

I understand the comparison, although I think John from Cincinnati was way weirder than this show has been so far.

Fuck John from Cincinnati. Dickwad Deadwood killer.

Back