• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Leftovers on HBO

HO LEE FUK.

What an episode.

Oh and it is ON.COM

I figured what's the point in watching it after Say Hey dropped that major spoiler. Gonna start watching The Strain. Hope Say Hey doesn't ruin that one for me.

I figured what's the point in watching it after Say Hey dropped that major spoiler. Gonna start watching The Strain. Hope Say Hey doesn't ruin that one for me.

Its not a science fiction show, its a show about people and how they respond to something that calls into question life and the meaning of it.

The meaning of the departed might be explained, it might not be. The show's called The Leftovers. Its about the people left.

I was just jokingly giving Say Hey grief. I could care less about the "spoiler" he dropped. I am gonna start watching the strain though. Hearing good things about it.

I was just jokingly giving Say Hey grief. I could care less about the "spoiler" he dropped. I am gonna start watching the strain though. Hearing good things about it.

I missed it, please start a thread on it because I'd like to hear the Board's opinion on it. Its got the guy from House of Cards, so that's promising.

This thing is going to have to pick up fast. Hopefully the 3rd episode does it.

Well, this 3rd episode seemed to have done that. Damn. That was really awesome. None of that is from the book, by the way, so SUCK IT BOBsTACKFAN WOOOO!!!

Well, this 3rd episode seemed to have done that. Damn. That was really awesome.

Yeah, that was a great episode. I was underwhelmed by ep #2, and after watching the previews for ep #3, didn't think that guy could carry an entire episode and was ready to bail if the episode was meh.

Are you considering the parking lot scene as part of the roulette scene timdunk? That shit was amazing. Liked how he walked in to the bank with the bloody bag like nothing was strange about that. Looking forward to see what he does with the money.

The whole time he was just hanging out in his car, I'm yelling at the TV, "Lock the door and get out of there you idiot."

Also, I think it's interesting that his "Christian" act of aid to the members of the Guilty Remnant is what led to him losing his Church. Why would God do that?

Just watched episode 3 and hot damn. That was an extremely solid episode of tv. I went from not giving a shit and probably disliking the dude to being on the edge of my seat starting at the roulette scene. I kept guessing what I thought what was going to happen and kept getting it wrong.

Very much looking forward to the rest of this season.

The whole time he was just hanging out in his car, I'm yelling at the TV, "Lock the door and get out of there you idiot."

Also, I think it's interesting that his "Christian" act of aid to the members of the Guilty Remnant is what led to him losing his Church. Why would God do that?

The show was titled 2 boats and a helicopter, which goes to the old joke preachers like to tell. A devout man on a roof during a flood prays to God for help. A small row boat comes by and offers to give him a lift. Man says "No I'll wait for God." Then another boat and then a helicopter come, he turns down both. He eventually drowns, then asks God in Heaven what happened. God says, "heck, I sent you two boats and a helicopter."

I think the point of his trials and tribulations is that he should have never lost his faith in the first place. The world of the Leftovers is absolutely turned upside down and I like his idea of it being a test from God, but he doesn't realize that he's being tested too (until the end of the ep).

Especially since they are the ones that bought the church when he was out of commission. Loved that part.

And yea, anytime you see a hoodlum watch a guy win big, you know he's gonna follow him out to the parking lot, though him chasing the guy and getting the money back was pretty unexpected.

Also liked how they pulles a LOST and bring back the first scene of the show with the rev being in the car that got hit.

gonna pick this one up, but I notice on demand there's only 2 episodes, any idea where I can catch the 3rd?

utorrent-logo-150x150.jpg

I'm in love w/ this show. I LOLed a few times at Sunday's new episode.

Sheriff's gonna hook it w/ the hot widow. I also have a feeling the daughter's friend is gonna try and screw him too.

I'm in love w/ this show. I LOLed a few times at Sunday's new episode.

Sheriff's gonna hook it w/ the hot widow. I also have a feeling the daughter's friend is gonna try and screw him too.

It's past time we see the hot friend naked. Come on HBO.

I have given this show four full episodes now, and I was really excited before it started to see how it was. With that said, I am less than impressed with it so far. Third episode was good, but the rest of this stinks of being weird for weirdness sake and making shit up as they go along with no real idea of where they are going (ala Lost).

I'll keep trying, but this show is pretty "meh" to me so far.

I have given this show four full episodes now, and I was really excited before it started to see how it was. With that said, I am less than impressed with it so far. Third episode was good, but the rest of this stinks of being weird for weirdness sake and making shit up as they go along with no real idea of where they are going (ala Lost).

I'll keep trying, but this show is pretty "meh" to me so far.

It does seem like they are just pulling a LOST and trying to make a show to make people talk without actually ever getting anywhere

Back