• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Official 2015 MLB Season Thread - Congrats, Royals

Rangers scored 5 in the 1st. Yankees answered with 11 in the 2nd. Yankees have now scored 4 so far in the 3rd, still no outs.

Doesn't everyone hate Jonathan Papelbon? I did before he signed with the Phils. He's an ass. On top of that, he signed a ridiculous deal (which I realize wasn't his fault) and then spent his entire time complaining. And occasionally publicly criticizing the rest of the team and blaming them for his blown saves. Plus the whole crotch grab towards the fans that got him ejected and suspended. Good bye and good riddance.

yes. except skins now i guess. i'm sure bryce and paps will be boys in no time.

Evan Gattis had 1 career triple coming into this year.

He's hit 7 this year.

That's tied for 3rd in MLB with David Peralta and Rajai Davis.

how many were dead center to that stupid hill?

They're taking the hill out next year!

I think 3 of his triples have been in Detroit, actually. He had one against Kansas City where Lorenzo Cain took a bad route to a line drive in the gap. He hit one tonight in Houston off the high part of the wall in left center.

Baseball's weird.

They bringing the center field fence in a little, too?

They bringing the center field fence in a little, too?

Yep. They're turning the area into a beer garden/deck, or something like that.

mlbf_144976483_th_45.jpg

The CF distance will go from 435 (deepest in MLB) to 409 (9th deepest): http://mediadownloads.mlb.com/mlbam/2015/06/04/images/mlbf_144976483_th_45.jpg

Except for the drama that comes with Pap. His personality is difficult and he wouldn't go anywhere if he wasn't to be the closer. So Storen gets yanked around again. I personally think Storen is better.

If Storen is better then it is probably good for the Nats that they can now move him around and use him outside of the typical "closer" spots. Especially because Matt Williams is a dumb ass.

Papelbon fits in perfectly with the Nats. Another hot head who wont win in October and then will be a clubhouse cancer. What could go wrong!?!?!?

Huh?
papelbondance.gif

yes. except skins now i guess. i'm sure bryce and paps will be boys in no time.

Hamels loves him
Hamels went on to expand on his relationship with Papelbon.
“I’m one of his teammate, but I am a good friend with him and I would call him probably one of the best teammates I’ve ever played with.”

Back