• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The official LOL Harry Giles thread

Sounds like Giles should have shut it down last year and rehabbed. Although I'm not sure his knee issues were the cause of him looking totally lost on the court.

Definitely. He would have been a lottery pick and gotten Embiid type hype.

Definitely. He would have been a lottery pick and gotten Embiid type hype.

I agree with this, but not because of the rehab. He would have been a lottery pick because no one would have seen how shitty he was last year.

Oh definitely.

I know two high school coaches who know the family and his dad very well. There's another side to that story. I'll just say I'm not sure all parties (outside of Duke) had the kid's best interests at heart.

please do tell

Sounds like Giles should have shut it down last year and rehabbed. Although I'm not sure his knee issues were the cause of him looking totally lost on the court.

I don't see the other argument. I guess you could argue he had to be able to prove he could stand up on a basketball court after the second surgery, but I'm not sure he proved any more than that (and it cost him). Nice going, K.

So, K was supposed to give him a scholarship for one year to never actually play at Duke? Why would any coach do that?

Giles is Danny Manning without the basketball IQ, integrity, soul, and grit. I will say, Giles seems to have a heart. I think he cares, but if you are 18 months out of your knee surgery and need another 3 months to strengthen your knees, then you haven't been doing something right. At all.

I'm really not sure Giles was ever all that good, injuries aside.

On a somewhat related note, with all the scouts at Wesleyan games, it's pretty ridiculous that Chill was rated as low as he was. 247 had Kwe Parker higher, and ESPN had them rated the same.

Kwe was a top 50 recruit at one point. I forgot he had transferred from Tennessee. Looks like he's at Cape Fear Community College now.

Kwe was a top 50 recruit at one point. I forgot he had transferred from Tennessee. Looks like he's at Cape Fear Community College now.

Kwe was rated high early in his career based on his athleticism and potential to grow and develop his his skills. He didn't really grow much more and his never developed point guard skills, so his rankings started to reflect that toward the end.

You would think that just watching him play but I am pretty sure you are wrong. A VERY prominent poster on this very site called him a "once in a generation talent".

Impossible not to get caught up in the hype. The hype was so high that he put up garbage numbers and looked like garbage... first round pick.

Now who would that be?

I don't want to throw out names but it was a poster that at age 60 is still able to command first court on top flight playgrounds. He is also close friends with former NBA players and can call them up for pick-up games if the competition gets a bit tough.

Obviously a poster like this would have a higher basketball IQ than an average poster such as yourself. I am actually probably giving you too much credit calling you average since your handle is "shorty" and basketball is a tall mans game.

However you look at it, this prominent poster is a true expert and his opinion carries far more weight than yours or mine. That said, I am pretty sure that Giles will be a fixture at future all-star games.

I wonder if duke will let him return to school to finish his education for free?

I wonder if duke will let him return to school to finish his education for free?

Can't decide if you mean "finish" as in Wake's about to "finish" the on-campus arena or "education" as in Duke will let him return as an unpaid equipment manager.

Back