• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The official LOL Harry Giles thread

B-Chill defended Giles on Twitter the other day:

(Fra)Giles is kind of messed up, but I laughed anyway. Because forget dUKe, that's why.

So, K was supposed to give him a scholarship for one year to never actually play at Duke? Why would any coach do that?

Because it's great publicity to have a top 3 draft pick and sticking with an injured recruit buys you major trust with future recruits. Its not as if Duke needs all 13 players to contribute.

Kyrie Irving only played like 8 games at Duke, do you think Kyrie was a net positive for Duke?

Kyrie Irving only played like 8 games at Duke, do you think Kyrie was a net positive for Duke?

Much different case. Irving got hurt 10 games into his Duke career.

Don't disagree with your prior post though.

That's awesome. Our program overall has such a no-bullshit feel compared to any year since Skip.

Because it's great publicity to have a top 3 draft pick and sticking with an injured recruit buys you major trust with future recruits. Its not as if Duke needs all 13 players to contribute.

Your point is that K would do it to help him sign future blue chip recruits? I don’t think he needs that help and I don’t think that would have any significant impact. If trust were such an issue, K wouldn’t be able to keep signing highly rated big men despite several not meeting expectations. He can sell an elite program and kids are buying.

Your point is that K would do it to help him sign future blue chip recruits? I don’t think he needs that help and I don’t think that would have any significant impact. If trust were such an issue, K wouldn’t be able to keep signing highly rated big men despite several not meeting expectations. He can sell an elite program and kids are buying.

Uhhh...K's the one doing the buying.

Harry must have worked hard in his freshman composition course at NCCU. That was very well written.

" (Listen, In-N-Out is solid, but it’s no Cook Out. Trust me on that.)"

Don't make me root for you, Harry.

His journal entries while he was at WCA were solid as well.

" (Listen, In-N-Out is solid, but it’s no Cook Out. Trust me on that.)"

Don't make me root for you, Harry.

His journal entries while he was at WCA were solid as well.

Tell your buddy Harry that belongs on the unpopular opinions thread. Garbage take.

Tell your buddy Harry that belongs on the unpopular opinions thread. Garbage take.

LOL. You're not going to find many people here who think In-N-Out is better than CookOut.

By the way, you're WRONG.

Also, I have an In-N-Out a mile from my front door and I never go there. But I crave cookout daily. Facts.

There are PLENTY of former Duke players that I disliked throughout their NBA careers just because of their time at Duke. Harry Stiles isn't on that list. He didn't slap the floor. He didn't act like a punk. He didn't constantly whine to the refs. He didn't drop any daggers on Wake as a Duke player.

What he did do was chose Duke over Wake to play college ball even though he was a Winston Salem native. While he was at Duke, I did not pull for him for that reason.

But now, in my eyes he is a local kid that has been through a lot and has managed to get into the NBA. I hope he does well.

Back