• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The official LOL Harry Giles thread

There are PLENTY of former Duke players that I disliked throughout their NBA careers just because of their time at Duke. Harry Stiles isn't on that list. He didn't slap the floor. He didn't act like a punk. He didn't constantly whine to the refs. He didn't drop any daggers on Wake as a Duke player.

What he did do was chose Duke over Wake to play college ball even though he was a Winston Salem native. While he was at Duke, I did not pull for him for that reason.

But now, in my eyes he is a local kid that has been through a lot and has managed to get into the NBA. I hope he does well.

Except for an uncalled blatant moving screen that led to a wide open game winning 3 by (I think) Grayson fucking Allen.

There are PLENTY of former Duke players that I disliked throughout their NBA careers just because of their time at Duke. Harry Stiles isn't on that list. He didn't slap the floor. He didn't act like a punk. He didn't constantly whine to the refs. He didn't drop any daggers on Wake as a Duke player.

What he did do was chose Duke over Wake to play college ball even though he was a Winston Salem native. While he was at Duke, I did not pull for him for that reason.

But now, in my eyes he is a local kid that has been through a lot and has managed to get into the NBA. I hope he does well.

Wrong thread

Wasn't it Kennard?

Kennard, but still.

And then he woofed at the crowd how Winston is "HIS CITY!!!"

Yep, there's a reason I put "I think" on that. Grayson Allen did hit a 3 to pull it within 1 point at the 55 second mark, but it was Kennard w/ the game winning one (and that was definitely the one w/ the moving screen from Giles too).

The bragging he did afterwards towards the home crowd further cemented that he's an awful person.

Man, now I feel kinda extra sorry for HG...didn't realize just how many knee injuries he's suffered. At such a young age, I would think that could have long lasting detrimental effects. I'm certainly no doctor but I would think you're better off getting such injuries later on in your body's development. All I can think of is the oft-injured Sam Bowie and what a short, tragic career he had. Hope HG3 can come all the way back and stay healthy.

But Duck Fuke!!

Man, now I feel kinda extra sorry for HG...didn't realize just how many knee injuries he's suffered. At such a young age, I would think that could have long lasting detrimental effects. I'm certainly no doctor but I would think you're better off getting such injuries later on in your body's development. All I can think of is the oft-injured Sam Bowie and what a short, tragic career he had. Hope HG3 can come all the way back and stay healthy.

Nah. He'll still get a nice chunk of cash regardless, not gonna feel sorry for him ever.

Kennard, but still.

And then he woofed at the crowd how Winston is "HIS CITY!!!"

True...how quickly I forget, but I tried to suppress and forget since I didn't watch the game cuz I was golfing on a buddy's b-day.

In light of this reminder...and the fact this is a shade throwing thread...tsk tsk Harry. Hope Sacramento is relegated to steamin' pile of poo for the next decade!!

Go Hawks!! Go JC!! #TJDK

We have a thread for such takes.

yeah, after hearing so much about in-n-out i was excited to finally try it. complete and utter meh.

Cookout is garbage food that can be assembled by raiding the pantry of any dorm room fridge.

I feel like I made a mistake when I eat at In-And-Out.

I feel ashamed when I eat at CookOut.

Your point is that K would do it to help him sign future blue chip recruits? I don’t think he needs that help and I don’t think that would have any significant impact. If trust were such an issue, K wouldn’t be able to keep signing highly rated big men despite several not meeting expectations. He can sell an elite program and kids are buying.
You're so wrong on this. Coach K and Calipari are the very best recruiters specifically because they never stop trying to get better, not to mention that their younger assitants are building reputations themselves. You can bet your ass both of them would take an injured Harry Giles type recruit every single year if they could. Cal ends up giving a scholarship to a walk-on most seasons anyway.

Back