• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

TIGER IS BACK!!!

Once again...as I have restated several times now, but which you evidently choose to ignore...my biggest complaint with what Mahan did was entering the tournament in the first place and depriving another golfer who needed the spot a chance to play. If he was planning to withdraw...as he evidently knew there was a reasonably good chance of happening...he should never have entered in the first place.

So, fuck you and your smarmy juvenile response. :)

Racer's post #20 also has been stated several times, but doesn't come close to changing your mind on the issue.

Racer's post #20 also has been stated several times, but doesn't come close to changing your mind on the issue.

I was hoping the use of large text and bright colors might help. Maybe he just doesn't see well anymore?

I don't know if I've ever seen a poster as flagrantly wrong about something as Bob has been with the Hunter Mahan stuff.

Placing family first is the most important thing a man can do. Unless, of course, it means withdrawing from a golf tournament to be there for the birth of your child. But, for everything else...family first.

Or if your kid is playing against a Bobby Knight coached team.

I don't know if I've ever seen a poster as flagrantly wrong about something as Bob has been with the Hunter Mahan stuff.

I mean, the month early thing was pointed out to him in the previous thread as well. Not too surprising that someone who idolizes every aspect of Bob Knight is awesome at ignoring facts in the name or sustaining a nonsensical belief.

5 years from now Mahan will win a major and he'll post about how he's disappointed such a questionable character won because he steals tournament spots from hard-working alternates on tour.

bob definitely understands obstetrics waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than you nerds

bkf vs. obstetrics is a promising rivalry.

bob definitely understands obstetrics waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than you nerds

Every time this topic comes up, I feel like bkf is punching away his responses from a typewriter at SCDP, or better yet, dictating to some broad in the secretary pool.

business-personal_assistant-pa-dictate-grammar-secretary-34503681_low.jpg

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/hun...3-golfer-discusses-leaving-potential-19825571

Good Morning America interviewed the Mahan family via satellite the week after Zoe Mahan was born. Nothing really earth shattering other than the baby is very cute and Hunter had plans to play the 4 weeks prior to her due date (British Open, Canadian Open, WGC-Akron and the PGA Championship). Ideally Zoe would have been born around her due date, a) because he had planned on taking off that week and b) the FedEx Cup playoffs started the following week.

And of course, her water breaking was a "complete shock" to everyone (other than bkf).

You just don't enter a tournament then drop out of it....short of a death in the immediate family.

Unexpected Death - ok
Unexpected Birth - not ok

OK.

Also, regardless of what Mahan's caddy says, I find it hard to believe that doctors who are monitoring women constantly in this situation would totally miss a delivery date by three weeks that late in the cycle.

Due dates don't change and they aren't adjusted later in pregnancy. They are set by when a woman has her last period. Some babies come much earlier than expected. You are massive levels of dumb and uninformed, coupled with a side of belligerent and a complete inability to see your own hypocrisies and blind spots.

By that Wednesday, their doctor would surely have detected movement and alerted them that there was a possibility that this baby could come during the next five days.

This wasn't a baby bird hatching out of an egg. Babies move for many months before they are born. Did you even bother to pay attention to your wife when your son, who you would cheer against if he were playing against Bobby Knight, was born?

Bringing up these two men only serves as a convenient diversion.

That all pale in comparison to Bobby Knight, who would have just choked the bitch and told her to cross her legs and hold the baby in while he finished the tournament. That's what a real classy man would have done!!

Last edited:
It's really pretty simple: If you are going to enter a tournament, finish it. If you are not going to finish a tournament, don't enter it. And if Mahan had earlier decided that he would withdraw from a tournament in this situation, he shouldn't have entered any tournament where this was a possibility...even if it meant skipping 3 tournaments before the due date. You just don't enter a tournament then drop out of it....short of a death in the immediate family.

Golf is an individual sport. It's not like he unexpectedly resigned as coach from his 12-8 team with 10 games left in the season like Bob Knight did in 2008.

It is simply amazing what bkf can do to a thread and how quickly he can do it.

Golf is an individual sport. It's not like he unexpectedly resigned as coach from his 12-8 team with 10 games left in the season like Bob Knight did in 2008.

Conveniently, he left after he got his 900th win, but before what looked like a losing season could be added to his career record. That's class, OWG style.

It is simply amazing what bkf can do to a thread and how quickly he can do it.

It really is. I tried to find criticism of Mahan's decision online and failed. Even in the comments section on ESPN.com, I'd be surprised if you found "he stole a spot from the 157th guy" and "you start what you finish!" as reasons.

When one talks about Jack Nicklaus & Tiger Wood's "record", I think there are a couple of other things to always keep in mind. There are different kinds of "records" that a person compiles in his life. A career golf record is one....and a career record as a person is another. There is no comparison between these two men regarding the latter. No matter how great Jack Nicklaus' accomplishments were on the golf course, he always placed his family first in his life. That is well documented. Unfortunately, Tiger Woods' record in this area is also well documented.

Regarding the golf accomplishments of these two men....both of which have been amazing....there is one other thing that I would like to offer: In addition to Jack Nicklaus' 18 wins in the four golf majors, he also had 18 2nds & 9 3rds.....that's 45 top three finishes in the four majors. By comparison, Tiger Woods has had 14 wins, 6 2nds & 4 3rds.....that's 24 top three finishes in the four majors.

Tiger Woods had a stretch of golf until he was 32 years old that will probably go down forever as the best in history. He won 14 majors during that time. He will be 39 years old this year....and he hasn't won a major since he was 32. Jack Nicklaus won 7 majors after he turned 33 years old. I have to think that "whole person advantage" that Nicklaus had with his life outside golf played a big part in that. And when comparing these two men, one has to look at the entire person....both on & off the golf course.

That's a clear win for Jack Nicklaus in both of these "life records" from my viewpoint.

Tiger Woods is a great golfer but, to paraphrase Lloyd Bentsen: "I knew Jack Nicklaus. Tiger Woods is no Jack Nicklaus." (either as a golfer, or, more importantly, as a family man."

Good Lord

Back