• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

TIGER IS BACK!!!

not as amazing as watching people fall for it

no way he's just trolling for effect; he's a true believer

i guess they don't have to be mutually exclusive...there's guys like jhmd to consider

It is simply amazing what bkf can do to a thread and how quickly he can do it.
He took the bait everyone knew he would. Is it honestly still fun for people to bring this up or Bobby Knight when you know exactly what will happen?

BKF with zero medical credentials, assessing a complex medical topic and spouting his conclusion as fact to the uninformed masses.

That's precious.

The failure of Hunter to get an accurate date of birth in advance is undoubtedly the result of our greedy, capitalistic healthcare system. This wouldn't have happened in Cuba

Jack Nicklaus has gone into many tournaments knowing his bad back might not allow him to finish.

http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/story?id=1392403

Same goes double for Fred Couples. In most cases it'd be safe to say the odds of a back flare-up are far better than labor hitting a month early. Guess those guys are even worse than Mahan.

Jack Nicklaus has gone into many tournaments knowing his bad back might not allow him to finish.

http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/story?id=1392403

Same goes double for Fred Couples. In most cases it'd be safe to say the odds of a back flare-up are far better than labor hitting a month early. Guess those guys are even worse than Mahan.

Bastards! Bobby Knight would have thrown a chair at his own back to re-align it in order to finish a tournament he started, because that's the kind of classy guy he is.

I get choked up just thinking about that level of class.

Conveniently, he left after he got his 900th win, but before what looked like a losing season could be added to his career record. That's class, OWG style.

I'm guessing this is the post that got Racer put on ignore. Sure that one cut bkf a little too deep.

It's really pretty simple: If you are going to enter a tournament, finish it. If you are not going to finish a tournament, don't enter it. And if Mahan had earlier decided that he would withdraw from a tournament in this situation, he shouldn't have entered any tournament where this was a possibility...even if it meant skipping 3 tournaments before the due date. You just don't enter a tournament then drop out of it....short of a death in the immediate family.

Also, regardless of what Mahan's caddy says, I find it hard to believe that doctors who are monitoring women constantly in this situation would totally miss a delivery date by three weeks that late in the cycle. Certainly, they had to have informed Mahan & his wife that this delivery date had some reasonable possibility of happening within five days by the day before that tournament began. I'm not saying that the doctor would have known exactly when the delivery date would be....only that I don't believe this happened as something the Mahans felt was completely impossible when he made the decision the Wednesday before that tournament begin to play the next day. By that Wednesday, their doctor would surely have detected movement and alerted them that there was a possibility that this baby could come during the next five days.

And, in any event, neither Bob Knight nor Hunter Mahan has anything to do with the comparison of Jack Nicklaus & Tiger Woods.

Bringing up these two men only serves as a convenient diversion.

This really isn't even worth arguing but it's not like Hunter was some journeyman or fallen star like Duval who was eating up a spot in a tourney that could have gone to a younger up and comer, some other crappy journeyman or stiff from the web.com Tour. So I'm not really sure what your argument is here. Mahan had already made the cut, WAS LEADING THE DAMN TOURNAMENT BY SEVERAL STROKES, and dropped out because real life is more important. He only hurt himself in the sense of a smaller paycheck or no paycheck as perhaps you get nothing for a W/D even after making the cut.

he. Don't know many females who would be fans of Bob Knight.

Tiger is 2 over today and 5 over for tournament. Projected cut is plus three.

This diversion isn't my fault Dirk...other than taking the trolling bait and responding to it. If you will check my original post in this thread, I responded to a poster who mentioned Jack Nicklaus & Tiger Woods. Everything in my response was about those two men....who were mentioned in the post to which I responded. When posters responded to my post, though...as usual...they ignorred everything that I actually said in that post and just started trolling for controversy with comments that had nothing to do with my post at all.

What I should have done....and will try to do in the future...is just ignore any response to any post that I make which does not deal with the substance of my post. (Of course, that means I will be responding to very few of the responses to my posts....because it is rare for a response to actually address anything I said in my post. I think that simosfrostyone was the only guy who responded to my post with anything relevant to what I said in my post....unless racer did. I don't have any idea what he said because he is the only poster on these boards whom I have on ignore. Everyone else was just trolling to try to get something started.)

in case you missed them

Golf is an individual sport. It's not like he unexpectedly resigned as coach from his 12-8 team with 10 games left in the season like Bob Knight did in 2008.

RacerDeac said:
Conveniently, he left after he got his 900th win, but before what looked like a losing season could be added to his career record. That's class, OWG style.

Does anyone remember the early posts, when bkf made a big deal over how Mahan would have stayed, won and collected the million dollar plus paycheck if he were a "real family man?"

Once his hypocrisy over that issue was exposed, he reverted to the old "protecting the journeyman player that was denied a spot in the tourney" bullshit.

Back