• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2015/16 Premier League Thread (NWT)

lol @ considering only transfer fees when talking about spending on players. United has payed HUGE wages, wages that fucking DWARF the clubs he talking about there.

Manchester United fans, all the victims

Where did I say anything about being a victim?

United fans have been spoiled with success because of Sir Alex Ferguson. That doesn't mean that the Glazers paying more attention to the debt than actually improving the squad over 8 seasons should be ignored.

lol @ considering only transfer fees when talking about spending on players. United has payed HUGE wages, wages that fucking DWARF the clubs he talking about there.

The wages as a percentage of turnover at Manchester United were the lowest (50%) of all Premier League clubs in 2012/13 (latest figures that I've seen released).

Should United just bank all the money they have brought in because of their success or should they try to keep improving the squad to continue that success? And that is exactly my point on transfer fees paid. United had much more money brought in due to the club's success that they shouldn't be outspent by other clubs, and the only reason they've been outspent is because of that debt.

Now that the debt is at its lowest point ever, I fully expect Manchester United to fully flex their muscles and reinvest in the squad to ensure that last season's debacle doesn't happen again for a very, very long time.

it wont happen, there havent been any decent links to him at all. I think LFC are confused about who to spend the Suarez money on. Looks like they went pretty heavy on Sanchez and now it will be interesting to see where they turn.

it wont happen, there havent been any decent links to him at all. I think LFC are confused about who to spend the Suarez money on. Looks like they went pretty heavy on Sanchez and now it will be interesting to see where they turn.

I still think Cavani makes loads of sense for you guys. The only thing that might make me pause is the transfer fee that PSG might demand to make it happen.

If you would like to add up total transfer fees and wages over the last 5-10 years and compare them with other EPL and top European teams, that would be great. Then maybe I would halfway believe you.

You've completely lost perspective on this topic, dv7, and aren't likely to get sympathy from anyone on the matter. Crying about debt reduction while you were winning titles is fucking baby shit.

i could be a bit sensitive about this issue because bill kenwright makes the glazers look like bill and melinda gates, but my points all still stand

crying about "underinvestment" in literally, the most valuable club on earth, is super petty

i could be a bit sensitive about this issue because bill kenwright makes the glazers look like bill and melinda gates, but my points all still stand

crying about "underinvestment" in literally, the most valuable club on earth, is super petty

Doesn't that kid of help my point? Most valuable club in the world spends less on reenforcing the squad with top quality than direct rivals. And further less if you consider how much is spent compared to how much revenue is brought into the respective clubs.

That is nearly the definition of "underinvestment."

That includes this summer and last where I have said that United finally started spending big again.

Look at the numbers from 05/06 (when the Glazers took over) to 2012/13 (SAF's last season).

Can't we all agree on the following?

United has a shit ton of money and spends a shit ton of money, usually (with the exception of Fellaini) well
Tottenham have a shit ton of money, had even more last summer, and in as the English say, know "fuck all" about how to effectively spend it.
Everton have no money and won't spend what they do have (though they are managed by a footballing genius)

Back