• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2015/16 Premier League Thread (NWT)

The real truth is that your youth signings have mostly failed to work out in the short term, and your youth system has been mainly shit. Here are your larger signings:

YOUTH:
Phil Jones 17 mil
Chris Smalling 10 mil
Bebe 7.4 mil
Zaha 15 mil
Powell 6 mil
Henrique 4 mil
Buttner 3.9 mil

MEH:
Young 17 mil
Hernandez 6 mil
Kagawa 12 mil
Fellaini 27.5 mil

BUCKETS!!
Van Persie 22 mil
De Gea 18.9

WAIT AND SEE
Mata 37.1
Shaw 29 mil
Herrara 27 mil

That includes this summer and last where I have said that United finally started spending big again.

Look at the numbers from 05/06 (when the Glazers took over) to 2012/13 (SAF's last season).

Okay, net transfer expenditures:

05/06 1 mil (but only bc you got 12 mil for Obi Mikel)
06/07 4.1 mil
07/08 26.5 mil
08/09 33.75 mil
09/10 64.5 mil (sold Ronaldo)
10/11 13.5 mil
11/12 38.15 mil

Can't we all agree on the following?

United has a shit ton of money and spends a shit ton of money, usually (with the exception of Fellaini) well
Tottenham have a shit ton of money, had even more last summer, and in as the English say, know "fuck all" about how to effectively spend it.
Everton have no money and won't spend what they do have (though they are managed by a footballing genius)

Big overstatement on Spurs' money, especially relative to City, Chelsea, and United. We aren't really getting any ENIC investment on the transfer front.

Also, as a hopeless optimist, it's too early to say last year's signing spree qualifies as a giant fuck up. You recall our managerial situation, yes?

this doesn't include this Summer's signings, btw.

article-2553796-1B438F5300000578-927_634x436.jpg

Okay, net transfer expenditures:

05/06 1 mil (but only bc you got 12 mil for Obi Mikel)
06/07 4.1 mil
07/08 26.5 mil
08/09 33.75 mil
09/10 64.5 mil (sold Ronaldo)
10/11 13.5 mil
11/12 38.15 mil

That is about 7 or 8 mil net on average per season by doing the math in my head. That's pretty low, wouldn't you agree?

I was gonna look up Stoke's signings but the revamped transfermarkt site FUCKING SUCKS

Some highlights...

Peter Crouch: 10mil
Brek Shea: 2.5mil
Mo Edu: 4mil
William Palacios: 8mil
Tuncay Sunli: 5mil

There were some good to very good buys by Pulis in that time frame too, to be fair. Begovic (3.25m), Huth (5m), Nzonzi (3m), Walters (2.75m)

HOLY FUCK

It's official. Conte has left Juventus by "mutual consent". He is a top 10 manager in the world, IMO. I'm stunned.

I mean... I know Evra isn't what he used to be but resigning over signing Pat? Seems a bit of an overreaction, Antonio...

Does nobody else care about Conte resigning?

He lost only 7 of his 114 Serie A matches as Juventus manager!

That is about 7 or 8 mil net on average per season by doing the math in my head. That's pretty low, wouldn't you agree?

Maybe, but I'd still need to see where that fits relative to the rest of the ELP and other big European clubs. Transfer fees have appeared to almost double in the last 5-6 years worldwide.

I was thinking maybe Deschamps for Juve given his playing career there... but I can't see him leaving France when the Euros will be in his home country in 2016.

Mancini, AVB, Allegri (snicker), or Ranieri the possibilities? Any others?

Other than Moyes taking the job and blocking Vidal and/or Pogba to United, of course. #MoyesThat

Would they have gone for Prandelli if he hadn't taken the Galatasaray job a week ago? I've been impressed by him despite the early elimination this time

Would they have gone for Prandelli if he hadn't taken the Galatasaray job a week ago? I've been impressed by him despite the early elimination this time

I really do think so.

I also think very highly of Prandelli, and he seems to be a better man than he is a manager (which he is a good manager, this WC failure aside.)

Back