• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2023/24 Premier League Thread

oof. ah well. was nice being in dreamland for a while.
At least Ange won't find a way to blame the refs, like Spanish Coach K down the road

Will Hojlund ever score in the Prem? He must feel snakebit at this point

Now Eriksen down with a non-contact injury. Fucking hell...

Mount to replace him and likely back to his useless best

It is genuinely so annoying that Son has to deal with shit like this going uncalled all game, but he's the "annoying" one:

He did go down very theatrically there

Same reason Garnacho didn't get the call at the end of the half just now even tho his foot definitely got stepped on

Yeeeessssss!

What's the VAR check for? Hahaha ridiculous

Ok good. Allowed. Let's go!

He did go down very theatrically there

Same reason Garnacho didn't get the call at the end of the half just now even tho his foot definitely got stepped on
He got grabbed by his neck (clearly intentionally) at the exact moment he was trying to cut his momentum back. It's a foul and the refs completely missed it. The face claw on the way down is just the cherry on top. It's not like he was embellishing contact that didn't exist or that didn't change his ability to continue to play the ball.

It was a foul. I'm suggesting it wasn't called because the ref probably thought the contact didn't warrant that sort of theatrical reaction

It was a foul. I'm suggesting it wasn't called because the ref probably thought the contact didn't warrant that sort of theatrical reaction
I think for me it's that contact to that area (face/head/neck) lets players inflict a lot of pain or otherwise influence a play without much actual obvious force, so you almost have to embellish to get it called because otherwise it's too easy to miss at full speed. Much like when a player is slightly tripped or tugged when running at full speed.

If you think the player is diving give a yellow card, otherwise call the foul.

He got grabbed by his neck (clearly intentionally) at the exact moment he was trying to cut his momentum back. It's a foul and the refs completely missed it. The face claw on the way down is just the cherry on top. It's not like he was embellishing contact that didn't exist or that didn't change his ability to continue to play the ball.
Spurs should put out a statement and stomp and pout like Arsenal. Ange should be ashamed to be in the country and all forms of other dramatic BS.

But instead, Big Ange after Monday's chaos focused on how SPURS could've been better. He will do the same after this one. Class act.

Spurs should put out a statement and stomp and pout like Arsenal. Ange should be ashamed to be in the country and all forms of other dramatic BS.

But instead, Big Ange after Monday's chaos focused on how SPURS could've been better. He will do the same after this one. Class act.
No doubt we weren't good enough today and didn't deserve a win. Hard to play out of the back as bad as Dier, Davies, and Royal are with the ball at their feet and it was especially amplified by Sarr trying to fill Maddison's creativity/link-up role (big shoes!). Second half was shambles from the start.

Honestly think I'd rather see Lo Celso out there to start next match (let Sarr return to his usual marauding role that PEH half-filled this time)

That’s a tough red for me to Fabio Viera. I guess the biggest issue is that Veira is staring down the ball and player when he leads with his foot like that, so I think that makes it the red.

Back