• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2023/24 Premier League Thread

Man United have barely gotten out of 2nd gear today and the 1-0 lead flatters Brighton. They are just dreadful right now

First time Manchester United has ever had a negative goal differential in the Premier League I believe.

One bad week in December ended up the difference. 16-1-1 in 2024 and it still wasn’t enough, can’t ask for much more. Still really proud of the season and think we will continue to progress.

Does City have someone there to translate the campeones chant for Grealish?

One bad week in December ended up the difference. 16-1-1 in 2024 and it still wasn’t enough, can’t ask for much more. Still really proud of the season and think we will continue to progress.
Arsenal had a superb season. City was just better. Every team usually drops some points before the new year, but the home loss to Villa down the stretch was the difference. Win that one and playing for a tie at the Etihad looks smart.

At least all those pesky games are out of the way and we can finally get to what actually matters: the summer transfer window

Arsenal had a superb season. City was just better. Every team usually drops some points before the new year, but the home loss to Villa down the stretch was the difference. Win that one and playing for a tie at the Etihad looks smart.
I think playing safe at the Etihad was smart regardless. Had we gone for it and got City'd (as we have for almost a decade in Manchester), the title race would have been over a week ago. City were the ones who needed to play for a win to control their own destiny and we held them at bay. Is what it is though, I can only hope we have a 2019-20 Liverpool-esque run of destruction in us for next season.

I think playing safe at the Etihad was smart regardless. Had we gone for it and got City'd (as we have for almost a decade in Manchester), the title race would have been over a week ago. City were the ones who needed to play for a win to control their own destiny and we held them at bay. Is what it is though, I can only hope we have a 2019-20* Liverpool-esque run of destruction in us for next season.
you forgot the asterisk for that season.

you forgot the asterisk for that season.
It probably is the only season since 17-18 that doesn't have an asterisk on it depending on if/when the PL ever get around to City's 115 charges. But your pettiness is noted and appreciated.

Back