• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2023/24 Premier League Thread

Congrats United. We really blew this one. At least, with the quadruple extremely unlikely, this was 3rd on my wish list.

Amads first yellow was fucking bullshit anyway

Liverpool were trying to take the free kick 10 yards ahead of the foul. Amads stopped them. Then the ref backed Liverpool up after booking Amad. Ridiculous refereeing

Gakpo was so bad. He didn’t really try to do anything and when the ball found him he made the worst possible choice.

I don't get the talking heads at ESPN acting like Liverpool controlled that match. I felt that United were in control even while conceding possession. And this picture kinda backs me up on that.
ceb1c2ffbcdd659fd3823652fdd13ae1.jpg

From This is Anfield:

Even the most optimistic of Liverpool fans would struggle to paint today’s defeat at Old Trafford as anything other than deserved.

The Reds came into this game 17 points ahead of their bitter rivals in the Premier League table, and yet completely failed to underline the gulf between their sides with their performance.

The visitors were outshot (28-25), beaten on expected goals (3.36-2.06) and also carved out fewer big chances (4-1) against an opponent that currently sits sixth in the league with a goal difference of zero.

I don't get the talking heads at ESPN acting like Liverpool controlled that match. I felt that United were in control even while conceding possession. And this picture kinda backs me up on that.
ceb1c2ffbcdd659fd3823652fdd13ae1.jpg

I don’t disagree with the overall thought. I thought EtH nailed it with the speed lineup to start the match. It could have been 2 or 3 before the 40 minute mark if United had been more clinical. United lost their way for a good portion of the second half but did great to find moments of composure in the final third.

I do think the xG on this is skewed based on the Rashford chance to win the match. I assume xG doesn’t factor in someone who was off but not called during the match. It looked like in replays that he was but I would guess that’s not removed from xG unless it’s called back.

Overall, credit to United who never gave up. Fun match and time for Liverpool to turn up for the run in.

On a plane heading back to the USA right now. Was at Craven Cottage on Saturday to watch Marco Silva’s Super Fulham pull Ange Postecoglou’s pants down for the whole world to see. What a team, what a stadium, what a night. Americans who support Chelsea or Tottenham or Arsenal because they play with those sides in FIFA or whatever are really missing out.

On a plane heading back to the USA right now. Was at Craven Cottage on Saturday to watch Marco Silva’s Super Fulham pull Ange Postecoglou’s pants down for the whole world to see. What a team, what a stadium, what a night. Americans who support Chelsea or Tottenham or Arsenal because they play with those sides in FIFA or whatever are really missing out.
I got back from burnley a few weeks ago and I got the red carpet treatment when I was there. Got a private tour of turfmoor, the people were incredibly friendly and nice, and had a great experience other than the loss.

Went to the Fulham Wolves match in December. The Cottage is a great place to watch football. Team is good too. Had a great night.

Championship is shaping up to have quite the finish this year. Promotion spots, playoff spots and relegation spots all up for grabs.

1711719649567.png

Back