• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2023/24 Premier League Thread

Just enforce the current rule starting next season. Say it is a new point of emphais. And fucking stick to it. Keepers, even for the side that is in control, keep the ball in their hands for 10+ seconds constantly and it is never called. Call it, give the indirect FK and watch those keepers get the ball back into play a lot sooner.

The keeper 6 second rule is the most unenforced rule in any sport. Hell, I bet most that watch the game don't even know that it is a rule!

Just enforce the current rule starting next season. Say it is a new point of emphais. And fucking stick to it. Keepers, even for the side that is in control, keep the ball in their hands for 10+ seconds constantly and it is never called. Call it, give the indirect FK and watch those keepers get the ball back into play a lot sooner.

The keeper 6 second rule is the most unenforced rule in any sport. Hell, I bet most that watch the game don't even know that it is a rule!
I agree, but also agree that an indirect FK from inside the box doesn't match the infraction. A throw in/corner and increased cautions for keepers is a reasonable solution. Not sure why the roll out has to take so long though. Trial it next year, roll it out the following year.

i'm all for any efforts to reduce time-wasting at any position

would love to seem them be stricter with sending players to the sidelines for a meaningful amount of time if they go down with an injury at any point in the game -- either it's real and you need a sub or it's not and you gotta trade your roll-around time with time on the sideline

i'm all for any efforts to reduce time-wasting at any position

would love to seem them be stricter with sending players to the sidelines for a meaningful amount of time if they go down with an injury at any point in the game -- either it's real and you need a sub or it's not and you gotta trade your roll-around time with time on the sideline
I believe that is being trialed this year in MLS starting in June maybe?

The off-field treatment rule requires any player who remains down with a suspected injury for at least 15 seconds to be removed from the field by a medical crew and receive treatment on the sideline for a minimum of two minutes. Exceptions to the two-minute requirement will be made when the injuries come from fouls that earn yellow or red cards.

The off-field treatment rule requires any player who remains down with a suspected injury for at least 15 seconds to be removed from the field by a medical crew and receive treatment on the sideline for a minimum of two minutes. Exceptions to the two-minute requirement will be made when the injuries come from fouls that earn yellow or red cards.
hell yeah

The Philadelphia Union are fucked.

Burnley trying to keep hopes alive but Luton has not showed up today.

who are these weirdos who are American Brentford or luton fans?

I lived briefly in goldhawk road, like a mile from Brentford's stadium and also regularly played rugby in Luton and I don't remember ever meeting supporters even there

If I know anything about American Premier League supporters it is that that they always have deep, lifelong, emotional ties to the neighbourhood and people where the club is located.

I wonder what they'll do when their club gets relegated and is never seen again? Where are the American Portsmouth fans!?

The difference is that once a team is relegated it becomes very difficult to follow their matches. Living in the UK, it's almost impossible.

Not hard to follow a bad MLB team

Back