• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2023/24 Premier League Thread

Seems like if they wanted to screw Everton they could have deducted them 10 points last season and relegated them. This year they had little chance of Europe and will have no issues staying up even with the deduction. Seems performative.

Seems like if they wanted to screw Everton they could have deducted them 10 points last season and relegated them. This year they had little chance of Europe and will have no issues staying up even with the deduction. Seems performative.
Committee didn’t even hear the case until this season. It’s performative to the extent they will hand this out so they don’t get regulated and get to keep governing themselves.

It’s an unprecedented points deduction. Portsmouth got 3 deducted when their club went into administration, FFS. They do this to Everton because they’re afraid to do anything meaningful to a big club, fairly obviously.

Last word on this from me, because I’m sure the appeal will come to nothing, so damage done, and moaning won’t help, and none of us respects the FA anyway.

3 factors outside Everton’s control led to this £19.5 mil breach the FA refused to take into consideration:

Global pandemic leading to financial losses
War in Ukraine affecting our owners, sponsor losses
Club record signing (Siggy) was sidelined for criminal charges that never materialized, we suspended him and chose not to sell him but ran his contract down

Chelsea and Man City have breached losses before deductions by >£100m each in the last three seasons, eager to see how they avoid any sanction.

It’s an unprecedented points deduction. Portsmouth got 3 deducted when their club went into administration, FFS. They do this to Everton because they’re afraid to do anything meaningful to a big club, fairly obviously.
To me, I wonder how much the points deduction really matters (beyond precedent). Everton are playing well right now and I doubt they really struggle with relegation. I also doubt that they would have challenged for a European spot. So how much does it matter whether you finish 14th or 9th?
But this penalty has seemingly opened the door for Leicester and others to sue them for a whole bunch of money. This lawsuit seemingly would have a bigger impact than anything else.

To me, I wonder how much the points deduction really matters (beyond precedent). Everton are playing well right now and I doubt they really struggle with relegation. I also doubt that they would have challenged for a European spot. So how much does it matter whether you finish 14th or 9th?
But this penalty has seemingly opened the door for Leicester and others to sue them for a whole bunch of money. This lawsuit seemingly would have a bigger impact than anything else.

so if you're Leicester...

In 2020 Man City was originally banned from Champion's League for 2020-21, which would have meant Leicester earned a spot, but the ban was overturned because Man City is too big to fail

In 2023 Everton finishes two points ahead of Leicester to narrowly avoid relegation, but like Man City, they also cheated, and we'll punish them the following year

Cool

Seems to me that the whole of English football is as corrupt if not more corrupt than FIFA.

ki2mxdqk4w0c1.png

The FA can fuck right off.

Last edited:
It’s fortunate for Everton that the 3 promoted teams are historically bad…even with the deduction they could still stay up. Not sure why Everton is singled out since their punishment is not going to change the spending/financial shenanigans of the top clubs.

Sorry for the Everton whining. Here’s a thread with full match videos of every champions league final since 1960:

This second paragraph right here

1700588989920.png
So they created an arbitrary framework just for Everton and have no plans to apply it to any other club. What are fans supposed to make of this clear bias?

Back