• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial Soccer Transfer Thread (NWT)

One hopes this nips the implosion in the bud. Not the first issue with attitude from Sakho, there have been rumblings even apart from his storm out from not even being in the match day squad early last season, and he showed up late to the flight to the US leaving Liverpool. With Matip still not training (they say they're just being safe) and Gomez still out (and very inexperienced), it looks like Klavan may have to start limbering up -- he'll be partnering Lovren v. Chelsea tomorrow, I'm guessing. May be a reprieve also for Wisdom or Ilori, when he's back from the Olympics. Or Sakho can just get his shit together.

Everton would be wise to ship Mirallas on, IMO

I'm mixed on him. When he's on form and happy, he's a menace. Two-footed, fast, makes marauding runs, has a cannon of a shot.

When he's unhappy, you get the West Ham red card situation. Or name any other red card situation, really. His value can't be all that high right now, and I've always thought the right manager and spot could be good for him at Everton. He definitely has it in him to be a 10/10 guy.

A massive problem of his time under Roberto was either bringing him on in the 84th minute or starting him and playing a narrow formation.

Dutch media saying that Napoli and Ajax are close to an agreement to send Milik to Italy as Higuain's replacement

Higuain to Juve is officially done. 94 million Euros. Holy shit that's a lot of money.

I wonder how Juve are planning to balance their books?

Sounds like City really, really want Stones.

They want to give us Bony and cash and we just want cash. I would take Bony.

Any of you Spurs fans have any opinions on Alex Pritchard? Newcastle have been rumored to be after him...

A lot of fans were really excited about him and predicted him to join up with the first team but it didn't really happen. Had a really successful loan with Brentford but then was injured for a lot of last season while with WBA. Apparently Poch decided he wasn't in his plans.

An optimistic appraisal from a year ago:
http://cartilagefreecaptain.sbnatio...nham-hotspur-prospect-rankings-alex-pritchard

Sounds like City really, really want Stones.

They want to give us Bony and cash and we just want cash. I would take Bony.

I'd love Bony if we don't think Rom is staying around. If he is, I'm not sure if there is enough playing time to keep the two happy without Europe. I can't see Koeman playing them together regularly.

Koeman made some great comments yesterday after the MK Dons match. He praised Gerry about as effusively as a Dutchman can, and said "If Romelu isn't available, Deulofeu is the best man for the job currently."

He was also pissed with how the team performed in the first half of the 3-1 win, which is a nice change of pace from Roberto, who gushed about draws and said we were unlucky in losses.

I think this likely goes in the unpopular opinion thread since it appears that everyone disagrees with me, but I've never been impressed with Stones.

very mistake prone right now, but he is young and that usually goes away with CBs as they gain experience

does lose track of his mark off the ball too often though, that's more of a concern IMO

I think this likely goes in the unpopular opinion thread since it appears that everyone disagrees with me, but I've never been impressed with Stones.

very mistake prone right now, but he is young and that usually goes away with CBs as they gain experience

does lose track of his mark off the ball too often though, that's more of a concern IMO

He's young, tall, and English, so that definitely makes him overrated. He's prone to look like a baby deer on ice skates at times, get wildly out of position, and is generally far too overconfident in his ability to play the ball under pressure. He's not worth 50MM in this world or any other world. What makes him good is that he had Jagielka and Barry/Besic covering for him when he made big runs from CB, and he's generally fast and good at tackling. He's not particularly strong in the air--Funes Mori is the better ball winner overall.

I genuinely think Galloway is better.

i gotta say as much as i like michael caley and mike goodman on twitter and in the post, their podcast suuuuuucks

Want to wait for it to be official, but this Gueye signing looks pretty great.

2nd in the league last year in interceptions behind Kante (in two fewer games), with higher pass accuracy, and he's younger and cheaper. Outstanding replacement for Barry, and likely a great partner for Besic. Koeman really wanted him at Southampton apparently, but couldn't trigger the release clause.

McCarthy is probably the odd man out here unless Koeman can get him back to 2013-14 McCarthy when he was one of the most important players on the club.

Back