• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial Soccer Transfer Thread (NWT)

Want to wait for it to be official, but this Gueye signing looks pretty great.

2nd in the league last year in interceptions behind Kante (in two fewer games), with higher pass accuracy, and he's younger and cheaper. Outstanding replacement for Barry, and likely a great partner for Besic. Koeman really wanted him at Southampton apparently, but couldn't trigger the release clause.

McCarthy is probably the odd man out here unless Koeman can get him back to 2013-14 McCarthy when he was one of the most important players on the club.

I had no idea we were in for him. From the little I know he sounds like a great buy. Hopefully this pushes out Rodwell 2.0 (McCarthy) out.

Squawka Football ‏@Squawka 10m10 minutes ago
ON THIS TRANSFER DAY: In 1996, Man Utd signed Ole Gunnar Solskjaer from Molde for £1.5m. Bargain.

Coif0BOW8AAkyqY.jpg

Late in May in 1999...

Eriksen refuses contract offer, believed to be continuing to negotiate in good faith. He's only on 30k/week! Pay that man.

Also interesting: In addition, it was revealed that Hugo Lloris is currently the club’s top wage earner at £80k/wk, with Erik Lamela earning £70k/wk, Mousa Dembele at £65k/wk, and Harry Kane at £50k/wk (though there are rumors Kane is also in negotiations to double his wages).

We've got some underpaid guys, it seems. Keep them happy and together, Poch.

Good signing. He and Gray are exciting young attackers. I hope they can still hold onto Mahrez.

If Arsenal signs Jonny Evans, I may officially vote for Trump and facilitate the Apocalypse.

Leroy Sane is in Manchester ahead of a medical with City. Pep has been rumored to have really wanted him ever since it was announced that Pep was taking over back in Feb.

The article says that Mourinho has told Fellaini he would have a role to play and would get spot starts due to squad rotation

Everton going for Ashley Williams for 10 million pounds. Uhhhh...hmmm.

Hey Chupa, what do you think of Klopp's apparent plan to go into the season with Milner as cover for both Clyne and Moreno? Could really use another quality outside back.

Hey Chupa, what do you think of Klopp's apparent plan to go into the season with Milner as cover for both Clyne and Moreno? Could really use another quality outside back.

I'm cool with it, actually, if there's no one he really wants at either position. Moreno drives me crazy, but he has a good base -- pace, athleticism, durability -- if no brain, and good numbers in terms of attacking contribution. I'd rather have a new left back, but not just to fill the position. More concerned if Lovren ends up on the same side as him, which looks likely if it ends up being Matip and Lovren. Klavan has looked decent so far though. Lovren has been really good the last year +, a couple of memorable brain farts excepted, but has looked better on the right with Clyne next to him.

It will get Milner games and I like Milner and think his presence will be good for the squad since almost all the other experienced players are getting tossed. He's won things anyway.

You can get away with only having one defender on the bench then.

Looks like Lucas might be on his way to Galatasary. Interesting career at Liverpool, but his time was up years ago -- can't believe he's hung on, but seems like a good dude.

Fee agreed between Spurs and Brighton & Hove for 23yo AM Alex Pritchard. 8m pounds or so. Would be a pretty good place for him to land with Tottenham man Hughton in charge. Be pulling for them to gain promotion.

Arsenal appear to be getting closer on Lacazette. Also looking at Vermaelen.

Back