• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial Soccer Transfer Thread (NWT)

We signed Stecklenburg, the Fulham/Soton keeper, but most see him as a backup. I'm hoping we can scoop up Begovic but I don't see that happening unless we accept a bid from Chelski for Lukaku. I assume it is apart of their negotiations.

Januzaj has moved on a season long loan to Sunderland.

Feels like a last chance saloon for him and he needs to start putting in the work to fulfill his potential and talent.

Burnley have signed Belgian Steven Defour from Anderlecht. He was linked to United a few years ago when SAF was still in charge until he blew his knee out. Was highly touted pre-injury.

Januzaj has moved on a season long loan to Sunderland.

Feels like a last chance saloon for him and he needs to start putting in the work to fulfill his potential and talent.

Good move for him -- there are lots of Nandos in geordie land.

Good signing for Burnley. Their midfield is not good (considering Joey Barton was their best player last year and now is gone). Hopefully this guy has a few good years in the tank (i'm thinking they are going to need to offer him 4 years just to get him there). Burnley had bids rejected by Hendrick at Derby, Lansbury at Forest, Dale Stephens at Brighton and Brady at norwich.

Congratulations you now live in a world where mid-table sides buy players like Yannick Bolasie for £25m

Congratulations you now live in a world where mid-table sides buy players like Yannick Bolasie for £25m

Which is good news if it allows wannabe mid-table sides like Crystal Palace to buy Christian Benteke for £32m

Sounding like Man City are going to buy Claudio Bravo from Barca. If true, Hart will truly be done there.

Everton bound?

Sounding like Man City are going to buy Claudio Bravo from Barca. If true, Hart will truly be done there.

Everton bound?

A few days ago, I would have said Everton is the place that makes the most sense but Steklenberg was really good on Saturday. I still think that Hart will be the better keeper over the course of a full season, and he is 4 years younger than Steklenberg, but it wouldn't be shocking if Koeman passed on Hart and sought out a younger keeper next summer.

We knew that Ter Stegen was prob the keeper of the future, though Bravo is still the better keeper at the moment. I guess it's good to sell now and prob make some money on his transfer.

Which is good news if it allows wannabe mid-table sides like Crystal Palace to buy Christian Benteke for £32m

Had to sell at that price. Andros Townsend came in and looked pretty good. Rumors are that this will fund Benteke or ...Andy Carroll...:tard:

We knew that Ter Stegen was prob the keeper of the future, though Bravo is still the better keeper at the moment. I guess it's good to sell now and prob make some money on his transfer.

luis Enrique caught a lot of flack (at least on Twitter) a couple seasons ago for signing bravo but he's been very good. Good call on his part

United reportedly closing in on signing Fonte for 8 mil pounds. Arsenal also interested.

A little much for a 32 year old CB but he is quality. I'd love for him to be 2nd/3rd choice. Would spell the end of Phil Jones and/or Rojo though.

Phil Jones should leave for his own sake. He needs a club that will play him only as a central defender and that will give him a consistent run of games. That's never happened at United and isn't likely to happen any time soon.

Back