• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial Soccer Transfer Thread (NWT)

Phil jones best player in the world getting shipped off? Say it ain't so

He hasn't improved one iota since joining.

We will always have his hilarious faces though.

phil-jones-face-wall-650x390.png

He hasn't played anything but CB since SAF retired, I believe.

Smalling has just sprinted past him in terms of development.

Bunch of stories came out last night about Klopp doubling down on Moreno and Milner, et al, as his left back options. They're going to end the window with a net gain if/when they sell Benteke, and still have Bert Moreno and James Milner as left back options. Kind of pisses me off, and I don't even think outside backs are that important. Maybe it'll be cool, I get not wanting to pay crazy prices if there's no one you're interested in and trying to work with Moreno, but I really wish they'd just pony up for a left back.

Also Dahoud is not starting for Gladbach's Champs League qualifier today, not sure if he's on the bench or injured or on the verge of moving to someplace other than Liverpool. Gladbach said recently he was not going anywhere and there were reports that they turned down a 40 mil Euro offer from PSG, so who knows.

Just kind of annoys me that Liverpool should be able to get him at around 40, Hector at around 20 -- or comparable players -- sell/dump their castoffs (Benteke, Markovic, Balotelli, Lucas, Luis Alberto, Ilori, etc.) and still not spend much. Those are big prices for those two, but fuck it, swing that dick, league is there for the taking this season.

Maybe it will mean they can be more flexible during January, see how things are going.

As an aside, I'll be interested in this Gladbach/Young Boys match, Young Boys apparently are supposed to play some good stuff.

Last edited:
United reportedly closing in on signing Fonte for 8 mil pounds. Arsenal also interested.

A little much for a 32 year old CB but he is quality. I'd love for him to be 2nd/3rd choice. Would spell the end of Phil Jones and/or Rojo though.

Arsenal also reported to be interested in Fonte today

And the Mustafi thing has already been shot down by James Pearce, the Liverpool beat guy from the Liverpool Echo. Probably Valencia leaking to a local paper to get Arsenal to pay up. Playing that game.

Mahrez signs four year deal. With LCFC.

Mundo Deportivo reporting that Spurs have agreed to take 21yo Espanyol keeper Pau Lopez on loan with option to buy for €7m.

If he turns out to be the real deal and the post-Hugo future, then it's a great deal. If not, only a €500k loan fee lost.

Or it's bullshit.

100 mil for Pogba is better value than 60 mil for Koulibaly, but both are insane prices.

City and Chelsea just doubled the price of every defender in the world in one transfer window.

Good job by Arsene to wail till after the season starts to try to land a center midfielder.

Back