• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial Soccer Transfer Thread (NWT)

Crystal Palace are close to agreeing a deal to sign Patrice Evra from Juventus, according to Sky in Italy.

It’s understood several clubs are interested, but Palace are favorites to sign the former Manchester United left-back.

Wonder if this means something went wrong with the schlupp deal.

So does Schneiderlin immediately displace Barry this weekend?

My fellow Alsatians are effectively TAKING OVER FOOTBALL, by the way. We can't be stopped.

So does Schneiderlin immediately displace Barry this weekend?

My fellow Alsatians are effectively TAKING OVER FOOTBALL, by the way. We can't be stopped.

We can only hope it's Barry and not Davies who goes to bench.

Crystal Palace are close to agreeing a deal to sign Patrice Evra from Juventus, according to Sky in Italy.

It’s understood several clubs are interested, but Palace are favorites to sign the former Manchester United left-back.

I think Palace may be interested in multiple left footed players (feel like we're bidding on a half dozen right now). Essentially all we've got is Zeki Fryers, who is not starting material.

Tottenham midfielder Tom Carroll is travelling to Swansea to take a medical and finalise terms, according to Sky sources. The fee understood to be around £4.5m.

I want Evra back at United to tutor/spell Shaw at LB. Paddy is United through and through and would instantly be our 2nd best choice at LB should he come in. Darmian a RB, Blind too slow, and Rojo proving to be a better CB.

I want Evra back at United to tutor/spell Shaw at LB. Paddy is United through and through and would instantly be our 2nd best choice at LB should he come in. Darmian a RB, Blind too slow, and Rojo proving to be a better CB.

lol is this really a nickname united fans use for patrice?

just find it funny because

1) he's french
2) united actually had a kid (nick)named paddy play for them not so long ago

Tottenham midfielder Tom Carroll is travelling to Swansea to take a medical and finalise terms, according to Sky sources. The fee understood to be around £4.5m.

Hmm. Seems a little low. Would have expected 6-8 with the English tax and a past successful loan.

Best of luck to Tommy, though. He deserves a shot elsewhere.

Diego Costa has been dropped by Chelsea after a row with a fitness coach at the club, according to Sky sources.

He has not trained for three days after becoming unsettled by a £30m-a-year offer from a Chinese Super League club.

Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich is not looking to sell the star striker, who has two years left on his contract.

Jeff Schlupp's 12.5m pound move is the second largest sale by Leicester. Kante and Schlupp... A slight difference in class.

Diego Costa has been dropped by Chelsea after a row with a fitness coach at the club, according to Sky sources.

He has not trained for three days after becoming unsettled by a £30m-a-year offer from a Chinese Super League club.

Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich is not looking to sell the star striker, who has two years left on his contract.

Hazard to the false 9?

Jeff Schlupp's 12.5m pound move is the second largest sale by Leicester. Kante and Schlupp... A slight difference in class.

I'm not even sure Schlupp is the best young, inconsistent winger at Leicester

I rate Gray more than him

I'm not even sure Schlupp is the best young, inconsistent winger at Leicester

I rate Gray more than him

I rate Gray way higher than Jeff. Gray seems to have some intelligence and his mistakes seem to be more inexperience as opposed to lack of football IQ. Gray is also far more technical than Jeff, while Jeff has the physical edge.

Gray also has more refined finishing

If you need someone to shield the ball by the corner flag in injury time, though, Schlupp's your man. I've never seen anyone better at it.

Back