• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial Soccer Transfer Thread (NWT)

Cresswell: 3.75 mil + add ons transfer, makes 25k a week
Shaw: 30 mil transfer, makes 70k a week

This season Cresswell has 12 appearances in the PL and Shaw has seven.

And what the hell does a player's transfer fee or wages have to do with how well they play?

If you want to give props to West Ham's scouts over Man United's for Cresswell v Shaw, then that's a different story, but it matters fuck all when comparing the players themselves.

Value, dummy.

Value, dummy.

Value to the club. Yes.

Means nothing about the player. It's not in their control how much the transfer fee is although I respect that they do control how much their wages are.

But 70k/week impacts Man United's bottom line about the same or maybe less than 25k/week impacts West Ham's bottom line.

Can we throw in shirt sales numbers too? Gotta find the true value of the players to their respective clubs to figure out how well they are playing on the pitch respective one another. Also, we need to track down their commercial appearances for the clubs and how much those adverts brought in.

Anything else?

Sucks that you paid 30 million pounds for an injury-prone player that's not United quality.

The "but we're rich" response makes it all ok though.

Sucks that you paid 30 million pounds for an injury-prone player that's not United quality.

The "but we're rich" response makes it all ok though.

And your club is rich compared to most others. Get off your high horse, Captain WORKING CLASS CLUB.

Press now saying United have insisted on a buy back clause in the Memphis deal.

Love it. He has the talent. Just needs to figure the game out between the ears.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Depends on if he wants to go back though, and give it another shot; but they could still buy him and flip him potentially if he does well and other clubs are interested.

Looking like West Ham lead in the chase to sign Jose Fonte

They could use him and I think that would be a good signing.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

It would be awesome if Atleti then used that cash to get Diego Costa back and, like, Alexis, or someone, although I don't see them going for both of those dudes due to age/fees/wages, but I feel like Alexis would be perfect for them.

Looking like West Ham lead in the chase to sign Jose Fonte

They could use him and I think that would be a good signing.

Would be a great signing, and lining him up next to Reid and Ogbonna in the back would be a solid back three. Would mean Kouyate could return to preferred position in midfield (and replace Payet in the lineup). Really rate Fonte highly.

However, we are so much more desperate for a striker. Saw a statistic the other day that we've signed 32 strikers in the last seven years. That's horrific.

Too bad fuckin' Sakho can't sack up and play more than one game all season and Andy Carroll can't stay healthy. We need a star. Saw a Payet for Lacazette trade -- I think I'd take that in an instant.

I'd snap their hand off if I'm West Ham and it is Payet for Lacazette straight up.

I love Lacazette's game.

Back