• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial Soccer Transfer Thread (NWT)

Reporters in Italy and France are saying Patrice Evra is having a medical at Marseilles now and the transfer will be completed today

Chupes, anyone, know Anton Donkor? Loaned to Everton for the remainder of the season with option to buy.

Wolfsburg academy player, 19 years old, has some u20 Germany caps. Can't seem to find much about him.

Snodgrass to West Ham done. 10.2 mil

Hull happy to go down? Selling their best player is a bold strategy.

He was out of contract this summer and refused to sign an extension. But good business for West Ham. No Payet but he'll replace one of his skills at least, sensational set piece goals.

He was out of contract this summer and refused to sign an extension. But good business for West Ham. No Payet but he'll replace one of his skills at least, sensational set piece goals.

don't get me wrong, getting 10 mil for a 29 year old player with 6 months left on his contract is a good return, but I'm not sure they have enough to stay up without him. Will need a couple really inspired signings to do it, I think.

I didn't even think they were staying up with him. They're definitely going down now, with Sunderland and TTBNL.

Technically, Hull extended 6 players contract, changing them from 6 months left, to 18 months left, Snodgrass being one of them.

He is quite talented from set pieces but 10+ million for a 30 year old seems steep (and not sounding too bitter coming from a slightly disgruntled Burnley fan who had their bid accepted only to lose out to West Ham).

Surprised Hull seems to be throwing in the towel. Sunderland had a few offers for Defoe, and if he goes, then Sunderland has all but given up as well.

Will be interesting to see the third team that goes down. Maybe it will be Fat Sam's first time he is relegated....

Good correction, couldn't find that bit of info, just saw he turned down a 3 year deal. Thanks.

Incredibly, Sunderland have signed Bryan Oviedo and Darron Gibson from Everton for the relegation battle. Thought it was a parody when I saw it this morning. Moyes loves him some blue castoffs.

Back