• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial Soccer Transfer Thread (NWT)

Where the fuck did all of these Man United are in for Coleman on deadline day rumors come from?

Bournemouth bid 18 million pounds to get Nathan Ake back, who Chelsea just recalled from his loan to them. Move is up to the player, apparently. I guess if they end up getting Andreas Christensen back it won't matter, but I was jealous of them having both Ake and Christensen.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...ion-nathan-ake-deadline-day-bid-a7555766.html

Chelsea are also chasing Moussa Dembele of Celtic, who would be a good signing, although I read a report that Celtic had rejected 30 million pounds for him. Crazy shit. I still might do it.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...oussa-dembele-chelsea-scotland-30m-fair-price

Sell Sturridge to West Ham or someone, get in Dembele.

Last edited:
Bournemouth bid 18 million pounds to get Nathan Ake back, who Chelsea just recalled from his loan to them. Move is up to the player, apparently. I guess if they end up getting Andreas Christensen back it won't matter, but I was jealous of them having both Ake and Christensen.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...ion-nathan-ake-deadline-day-bid-a7555766.html

Chelsea are also chasing Moussa Dembele of Celtic, who would be a good signing, although I read a report that Celtic had rejected 30 million pounds for him. Crazy shit. I still might do it.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...oussa-dembele-chelsea-scotland-30m-fair-price

Sell Sturridge to West Ham or someone, get in Dembele.

If you're a mid table club, would you spend the big $ necessary to buy Sturridge and pay his wages with his injury history. I love the guy but I don't think I would want my team making that gamble if I was a West Ham fan.

If you're a mid table club, would you spend the big $ necessary to buy Sturridge and pay his wages with his injury history. I love the guy but I don't think I would want my team making that gamble if I was a West Ham fan.

You'd have to agree on a pretty robust clause in the contract, with wage add-ons and bonuses based on appearances.

Nope, I probably wouldn't personally, but for some club it might be worth the chance; could be good PR and he still has stuff to offer, just don't think it's going to happen anymore for him at Liverpool.

Could see him backing up Cavani at PSG, or going somewhere in Italy who might view it as a marquee signing and see what he could do in a less physically demanding league.

Newcastle didn't get Townsend and went all Ca$hley whilst we brought in a bunch of bros. Everone wants to play for Jaap!

Let's chase 'em down

Reece Oxford lowdown superphan?

Sorry, just now seeing this. He's a fantastic prospect at central back -- arguably the best young central defender in the England youth system (though West Ham has another great one in the pipeline too, Reece Burke). Physical specimen, as they say. Got all the tools -- size, smarts, athleticism.

Made what I think was his senior debut last year at 16 or 17 in our opener away to Arsenal, where he totally owned Ozil playing as a #6. Didn't see much time the rest of the season, but had a bunch of appearances on the bench. Was injured for a stretch this season.

So basically fantastic prospect, but not ready for the big time. He's definitely good enough for a backup CB at a good team like Reading in the championship, and probably ready to start at any of the other Championship clubs. Will he have a chance to start this season for y'all?

Easily the best Everton January in the near decade I've been supporting them.

Unloaded so much dead weight (sold Kone, Oviedo, Gibson, loaned Niasse, Cleverley, McGeady), loaned out youngsters (McAleny, Kinsella, Griffeths, Deulofeu, Jones, Connelly, Grant, Brewster), and bought Schneiderlin and Lookman.

Inched closer to the new stadium deal at the dock site the fans want, brought in a massive new sponsor, introduced Mason Holgate and Tom Davies as permanent starters from the academy.

When you talk about building a team, it's months like these that take you closer. Very impressive month.

Sorry, just now seeing this. He's a fantastic prospect at central back -- arguably the best young central defender in the England youth system (though West Ham has another great one in the pipeline too, Reece Burke). Physical specimen, as they say. Got all the tools -- size, smarts, athleticism.

Made what I think was his senior debut last year at 16 or 17 in our opener away to Arsenal, where he totally owned Ozil playing as a #6. Didn't see much time the rest of the season, but had a bunch of appearances on the bench. Was injured for a stretch this season.

So basically fantastic prospect, but not ready for the big time. He's definitely good enough for a backup CB at a good team like Reading in the championship, and probably ready to start at any of the other Championship clubs. Will he have a chance to start this season for y'all?

That would be Axel Tuanzebe. :thumbsup:

Back