• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial Soccer Transfer Thread (NWT)

He signed an extension through 2020 with Dortmund last week

Wait, I thought he decided to forgo and resign at Dortmund? Did he change his mind again? (fuck duke)

I suppose he doesn't have to honor his college commitment if something changes. Duke's official twitter tweeted it out.

I saw it characterized as a gap year at Dortmund. I'm not sure if both sides believed that to be the case from the get go. Hard to tell. I had heard Isaiah Young was doing that as well when he didn't eventually come to Wake, but it certainly doesn't seem like we will ever see him in the black and gold.

Last edited:
Will he have a chance to start this season for y'all?

Don't see why not, kinda banged up there at the mo and we don't have that many natural CBs anywaze. We've been a little shaky at the back though three straight 1-0 Ws has arrested that a bit.

All the WHU fans seem to love him, a promising sign

[h=3]Griezmann's image adviser: United move is ideal[/h]Sébastien Bellencontre, Griezmann’s image adviser, said in the last So Foot magazine:
“When I read articles on a hypothetical transfer to Manchester United, I have to say this would be the ideal scenario in marketing.
“He would play for the same club as Beckham, his idol, with the same legendary number 7 in the back.”

I saw on twitter the other day that Douglas Costa is unhappy at Bayern and wants to go to England. Would Klopp, Firmino, Coutinho and Champions League be enough to make him choose Liverpool? Would the first three without CL be enough?

Nacho Monreal to return to Spain. To be replaced at left back by Sead Kolasinac from Schalke.

Oxlade-Chamberlain, Gibbs, and Wilshere all to be offered new contracts.

Wenger staying.

I saw on twitter the other day that Douglas Costa is unhappy at Bayern and wants to go to England. Would Klopp, Firmino, Coutinho and Champions League be enough to make him choose Liverpool? Would the first three without CL be enough?

He's exactly what Spurs need as the last piece of the attack (pacey wide player) ... but think he's going to want a paycheck with a large number of 0's at the end. Bet he reunites with Guardiola at City if he comes to the PL.

Nacho Monreal to return to Spain. To be replaced at left back by Sead Kolasinac from Schalke.

Oxlade-Chamberlain, Gibbs, and Wilshere all to be offered new contracts.

Wenger staying.

Unless they want to continue to be squad players featuring mostly in cup games, all three would be wise to leave Arsenal.

Ox is a regular starter.

Clarification: 13 starts and 13 sub-ins.

Last edited:
Liverpool's targets seem to have come into focus the past few weeks with the regular writers chiming in. Seems like the names most often mentioned are Van Dijk, Ryan Sessegnon, Naby Keita, and Julian Brandt. Koulibaly and Oxlade-Chamberlain have been mentioned, but most likely as alternates to Van Dijk and Keita, respectively. Theo Hernandez' name (Atletico left back, on loan to Alaves) has also popped up as a left back possibility, but not as often. I would have gone for Kolasinac in a second for more height/power to the defense. He should be a decent signing for Arsenal.

I don't think that's the only business they'll do, and I'd like to see another bad ass striker added to that -- Aubameyang, Mbappe, Lacazette, Bellotti, Werner, someone like that with goals -- but haven't seen many mentions, and all those dudes would be tough to get with at least a couple probably going for 70 mil + soooooo, not happening. I'd take Martial from United in a second if that's just not going to happen with him and Mourinho, but, yeah, reasons.

Rumors of Aurier from PSG to Man United won't go away.

That one wouldn't make much sense to me.

1) Tony V is crushing that RB role and it is firmly his new spot in the side
2) If Mourinho gets annoyed at Shaw's lack of "professionalism" how in the hell would he handle Aurier's?!?

Aurier is 7 years younger. I get the sense his lack of professionalism is a little different than Shaw's perhaps? Like, Shaw is fat and doesn't train well and may be stupid. Aurier has a loud mouth and can be kind of a dick, is my (very) simple take on it, but I may be missing something. I like Aurier. He is probably also not the brightest, but may be fine in a soccer sense. Could play in a back three as well.

Has Mou ever played a back 3? Maybe I'm having a brain fart, but I think he's always gone with a 4.... apart from the hybrid formation he implemented vs Chelsea on Sunday, of course. But that was more dictated by his desire to man-mark Hazard all over the park, IMO.

Has Mou ever played a back 3? Maybe I'm having a brain fart, but I think he's always gone with a 4.... apart from the hybrid formation he implemented vs Chelsea on Sunday, of course. But that was more dictated by his desire to man-mark Hazard all over the park, IMO.

Do you thing Wenger's tactics are catching on ? Maybe he lets Monreal go back to Spain and doesn't replace him.

Nah, not that I've noticed over his career, but it just gives a little flexibility, is all, even if it doesn't start out that way or he uses is only occasionally; also provides a little evidence that Aurier might have a decent soccer brain even if he talks too much. It just gives them options, depth, flexibility, and Aurier has power, pace, and could make them a little younger still having top-level experience in Europe and internationally. I'd have him over Darmian, too.

Guardiola, Pochettino, Klopp, and Conte (and Wenger and Koeman, too) have all gone with a 3 at times, so one can match it if one wants.

Normally I wouldn't advocate dropping a decent amount of cash on an outside back who might be a back up (I think Aurier is better than Valencia and the plan would eventually be to start him, though I do like Valencia at RB), but I prefer that and Tottenham's approach to Liverpool's of apparently planning on relying on Clyne and Milner as first choices next year with their backups being teenagers (even if both Sessegnon and Alexander-Arnold -- as well as Gomez maybe -- are both awesome) for a season when you want to make a splash in Europe (probably) and the domestic cups as well as the league.

Milner and Clyne were both dead in January. Maybe TAA and Sessegnon are ready to make the leap but Sessegnon will only be 17 and TAA 18/19, Gomez 20. Just seems like there might be some alternatives out there that also wouldn't cost a bunch and also wouldn't block their progress.

Last edited:
Back