• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial Soccer Transfer Thread (NWT)

I rate Gray way higher than Jeff. Gray seems to have some intelligence and his mistakes seem to be more inexperience as opposed to lack of football IQ. Gray is also far more technical than Jeff, while Jeff has the physical edge.

Gray also has more refined finishing

I keep getting less and less excited.

Hey, at least Payet is out of the lineup against us this weekend.

Tommy Carroll has completed his transfer to Swans. A Tottenham legend, he will be remembered for the greatest assist in Spurs history.

I flipped the fuck out when that happened. Only I was in an office streaming it on the side. Still, worth it.

You guys are missing the most important part... he had the intelligence to play on through the advantage given. Genius.

The second hardest pass is the one you don't make. The hardest is the one you do. Carroll is a legend and rightfully so.

Sounds like Patrick Bamford will be joining Middlesbrough.

This dude's a journalist, trust me.

Xabi to retire this summer, will be interesting to see if we push for Verratti.

17m Euros for Depay sounds like the landing spot between MUFC and Lyon for Depay. That's half of what we spent on him. That's a failure. I hope he resurrects his career in a less demanding spot.

Great deal for Lyon, I think, I would have jumped all over that. Good gamble. Good luck to Memphis.

Really would like to give Shaw more time but it is concerning if senior members of the squad have felt the need to talk to him. I still say to bring in Evra for this season and maybe next as the backup LB and to tutor Shaw and get him to fulfill his potential.

Striking how much better than Shaw Cresswell turned out to be.

whoscored ratings for this season

Luke Shaw: 6.93
Aaron Cresswell: 6.61

Interesting. Neither have played the majority of the season, have they? Cresswell was done by a dirty tackle in a pre-season friendly. Not even some nonsense Europa league game. Pretty poor form, friendly opponent.

If you've got access to the data, post also their transfer fees and wages. I'm curious.

And what the hell does a player's transfer fee or wages have to do with how well they play?

If you want to give props to West Ham's scouts over Man United's for Cresswell v Shaw, then that's a different story, but it matters fuck all when comparing the players themselves.

Back