• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread

Attn smelly wookies: 420 fest in the A is bringing it next year 2 Panny shows and Trey

http://www.sweetwater420fest.com/

Cs6tPTZUEAAukAF.jpg:large

Poking around reading wiki pages and came across this gem on Syd Barrett's:

According to Roger Waters, Barrett came into what was to be their last practice session with a new song he had dubbed "Have You Got It Yet?" The song seemed simple enough when he first presented it, but it soon became impossibly difficult to learn and they eventually realised that while they were practising it, Barrett kept changing the arrangement.[83][86] He would then play it again, with the arbitrary changes, and sing "Have you got it yet?" Eventually they realised they never would, and that they were simply bearing the brunt of Barrett's idiosyncratic sense of humour.[87] Waters had called it "a real act of mad genius"

hilarious

It's been a Bill Callahan week, kind of on my mind since someone posted that Ted performance and I saw him this weekend three years ago.

r u a rostam or r u a hamilton or r u a contra

gonna be this generation's marilyn or jackie

Jacques Urbont - High Rise - 1973 Unreleased Soundtrack - Six Titties Concerto
Composer Jacques Urbont with his unreleased violin concerto, Six Titties. Alternate version of the title theme from the 1973 adult film, High Rise. The composers father, Harry Urbont, plays violin in this piece.

Saw Leon Bridges tonight; dude killed it. He's got a lot of talent and a fantastic band behind him. Would definitely see him again.

Saw Leon Bridges tonight; dude killed it. He's got a lot of talent and a fantastic band behind him. Would definitely see him again.

Glad to hear that. Sounds like he's finding his style as a performer. When I saw him it felt like a cover band performance and he was pretty stiff.

He's an odd one. I know a couple of people who know him, and it's just a combination of not getting his shit together, not feeling totally good about the stuff he is coming up with, and a money thing. This is a really great album, though.

He's an odd one. I know a couple of people who know him, and it's just a combination of not getting his shit together, not feeling totally good about the stuff he is coming up with, and a money thing. This is a really great album, though.

One of my fave albums ever. Love his use of imagery and the way he straddles this line between the fantastical and the real. Great melodies and super concise/tight album too (clocks in at like 35 minutes).

He had a few songs released after Strangers (or maybe just one?) that had me excited for future releases. Sad he hasn't been able to keep putting out stuff.

my fav

2009 used the one he posted as an alarm for a while

Back