• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread

Is Blood on the Leaves the only great song on Yeezus?

Maybe Hold My Liquor and Bound 2. The rest of it is just not very good.

Might be time to have the annual Kanye West argument. Here's my rankings (best to worst):

The College Dropout
My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
Late Registration
Graduation
Life of Pablo
Yeezus
808s and Heartbreak

Is Blood on the Leaves the only great song on Yeezus?

Maybe Hold My Liquor and Bound 2. The rest of it is just not very good.

Might be time to have the annual Kanye West argument. Here's my rankings (best to worst):

The College Dropout
My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
Late Registration
Graduation
Life of Pablo
Yeezus
808s and Heartbreak

"New Slaves", "Hold My Liquor", and "Black Skinhead" are fine. I always hated "Bound 2", but a lot of people like it. I listen to Yeezus for the overall soundscape, but don't really pull out individual tracks.

Albums discussion well-tread. How about top 5-10 tracks? Max two per album.

Max 2 per album makes it much more interesting. Best I can do:

All of the Lights
All Falls Down
Get Em High
Touch The Sky
Power
We Major
Champion
Real Friends
Good Morning
Blood on the Leaves

Roses is my favorite, and I think a lot about whether or not he wrote it. There are bars I think that sound like him and others that sound way too real and personal and affecting.

I know that Rhymesayers ghostwrote a lot of the early stuff so it's definitely possible, but I wanna think Roses is the realest and certainly my favorite thing he's ever done. Didn't include it because there are "better" songs on the album.

The first two albums have 5 of 6 songs each better than basically anything on any of his other albums.

The "We Don't Care" to "Get Em High" stretch on College Dropout (skits notwithstanding) is the strongest stretch of 5+ songs on any hip hop album, save Illmatic.

The "We Don't Care" to "Get Em High" stretch on College Dropout (skits notwithstanding) is the strongest stretch of 5+ songs on any hip hop album, save Illmatic.

I love that stretch, but it's not even the strongest stretch of 5+ songs on a Kanye album.

(that would be "Gorgeous" through "Runaway")

The first five track on the B-side of Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers) takes on that #hottake pretty easily.

Da Mystery Of Chessboxin' --> Wu-Tang Clan Ain't Nuthing ta F' Wit --> C.R.E.A.M. --> Method Man --> Protect Ya Neck

I haven't listened to Wu Tang Clan in a while. This just sounds weird after months of no old school shit.

here's my 10, max 2/album:

Devil in a New Dress
Power
Stronger
Paranoid
We Don't Care
Waves
Real Friends
See You in My Nightmares
All Falls Down
Touch the Sky

HM: Hey Mama, The Glory, Black Skinhead, New Slaves

Surprisingly, I had the toughest time getting a top 2 from TLOP. Without the restriction, No More Parties in LA and Ultralight Beam both probably would've made it. (Of course, so would Monster and All of the Lights and Jesus Walks) Annoyed that only 1 song got on there from Graduation, which is my #2 album from him.

I can't make my list right now at work, but I can say that me and Townie are like polar opposite Kanye fans. He liked underground backpack soul sampling Kanye, I like brash self obsessed new wave sampling Kanye.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

Kanye became a lot more interesting when he stopped producing like DJ Premiere.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

Back