• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread

Thoughts? I am stuck planning for a class I picked up, so I have not had time to dig through this. However I figured with the tastes on here, this could be an interesting discussion starting with their definition of ambient:

http://pitchfork.com/features/lists-and-guides/9948-the-50-best-ambient-albums-of-all-time/

After a quick glance I think the only name on this list I've heard of is Brian Eno. Might have missed one or two. Guess I'll check out the top five at work on Monday.

I just got home from seeing LCD close out ACL

They finished with Dance Yrself Clean followed by All My Friends. It was quite possibly the most fun 15 mins of my life. The crowd was fucking electric. My calves are aching from all the white boy dancing.

I havent listened to the whole thing yet but this new Growlers album might be the best new rock I have heard all year. Album produced by Julian Casablancas.

For indie rock fans, SIRIUSXMU's weekly download 15 is a great place to find new tunes. Even if you miss the show you can still find the playlists on their FB page. This week:

14470461_10154603600021457_7051489037353293109_n.jpg

Listening to Natural Bridge now, sounds great. I've always wanted to give the Silver Jews a chance, stuff comes on all the time that I dig and I never fully dive in for no reason in particular, but I am getting into this.

I was pretty obsessed with this album the summer of 1997.

American Water is a bit more accessible of an album for the Jews. I recommend that one too.

Back