• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

USMNT for 2018 WC

Guys, Freddy Adu will only be 29 in 2018!

Quite a few posters on here were dead wrong about this kid and his inclusion in this World Cup

[video=vimeo;99741936]http://vimeo.com/99741936[/video]

Two things this highlight video shows:

- Yedlin is going to be a force in four years

- USMNT has some shitty finishers...

The more fun exercise is to make your own 2018 roster and check back in 4 years to see how laughably bad the prediction was.

GK: Brad Guzan, Bill Hamid, Zac MacMath
DEF: Omar Gonzalez, Matt Besler, Fabian Johnson, DeAndre Yedlin, John Brooks, Kellyn Acosta, Andrew Farrell
MID: Michael Bradley, Julian Green, Junior Flores, Brek Shea, Dillon Powers, Diego Fagundez, Kekuta Manneh, Luis Gil, Paul Arriola
FWD: Jozy Altidore, Aron Johannsson, Jack McInerney, Juan Agudelo

If I break 50% I'll consider that a success.

There will be at least 5 players who I currently don't know exist on the team. That's my prediction.

I just want to say that the #dv7scoutingnetwork was on the Yedlin belief train for months after watching just one game of his. That's all we need here at the #dv7scoutingnetwork.

I just want to say that the #dv7scoutingnetwork was on the Yedlin belief train for months after watching just one game of his. That's all we need here at the #dv7scoutingnetwork.

a true prisoner of the moment

I never thought Klinsmann would throw Yedlin on as an attacking mid, but it was a great move. Still think he has a long way to go on the defensive side, but he showed much better than I expected. Perhaps Fagundez is twice the player of Hazard.

Which brings me to Diego. At 18, he's one of the best wingers in MLS. If he gets his citizenship in the next 2/3 years I could see him on the team in Russia. Tough call with players his age though.

Diego needs to hurry up and get his citizenship and get capped. I will be devastated if he pulls a Rossi. His dad played in Uruguay and I would imagine he'd love to see his son playing for La Celeste

Diego needs to hurry up and get his citizenship and get capped. I will be devastated if he pulls a Rossi. His dad played in Uruguay and I would imagine he'd love to see his son playing for La Celeste

He's been in Uruguay's youth camps before, but I think he's keeping his US chances open. If he's eligible in the next couple years, I expect he'll play for us.

It's that "if" that worries me. The US citizenship process isn't exactly quick

He's basically said he'll play for whichever team calls him up although his citizenship makes playing for the US impossible at the moment. So if Uruguay wants him, all they need to do is call him up.

Also should he play for Uruguay it would not even be close to "pulling a Rossi." He's not even a US citizen right now.

Any word on Darlington Nagbe? Would really like to see him in a US shirt.

Can't become a citizen until 2015. I think he pretty much already said he wants to play for the US and has no interest in playing for Liberia.

I know next to nothing about MLS soccer but I seem to remember Brek Shea being pretty talented while coming through the pipes over the last few years. Was he even close to making the squad in 2014? Will he be included in 2018? Has his professional career been disappointing in recent years? I remember watching some games of his when he was younger and his skills were pretty impressive for a kid his age.

All in for Zelalem. Klinsi is the Coach Cal of International soccer needs to close this recruitment.

Quite a few posters on here were dead wrong about this kid and his inclusion in this World Cup

[video=vimeo;99741936]http://vimeo.com/99741936[/video]

Raising my hand. Not that I didn't think he'd be good, but I didn't think he belonged yet. Klinsi got it right.

Nothing about my boy Seb Lleget. Future FORCE in the midfield.

I know next to nothing about MLS soccer but I seem to remember Brek Shea being pretty talented while coming through the pipes over the last few years. Was he even close to making the squad in 2014? Will he be included in 2018? Has his professional career been disappointing in recent years? I remember watching some games of his when he was younger and his skills were pretty impressive for a kid his age.

People get so focused on his hair that they forget to evaluate his (lack of) ability.

Back