• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

USMNT for 2018 WC

There will be at least 5 players who I currently don't know exist on the team. That's my prediction.

Hopefully, some hardworking American GI was taking care of business with a lovely German lass ~20 years ago tonight. A CAM, please (do they take orders?).

Steffen at UMd is going to make a roster. And I'll go on a limb and say he's a starter for the USMNT.

The chances, I believe, are pretty slim. He'd have a long wait unless he decides to marry an American.

There's a bit of confusion/secrecy about when he got his green card, as I'm pretty sure he was here illegally at one point. A Revs staff member (not someone high up) hinted that he's had it for a couple years, which would mean he only needs to wait 2 more.

We might have our first field player contributing to an elite squad(other than Seattle).

Jurgen seemed pretty optimistic in his wrapup press conference. Wants the best possible squad for the Gold Cup.

Love the news about 2026.

South Africa was fun and I watched big games before 2014, but I think i'm all in now. Let's win the Gold Cup and lock in Russia 2017.

We might have our first field player contributing to an elite squad(other than Seattle).

When's he going to play? German Cup games? Bayern is straight stacked with top class wingers. Pep seems to really like him which is good but realistically he's looking at spot duty at best next season.

Nothing about my boy Seb Lleget. Future FORCE in the midfield.

Feel like Ive hearing he's the next American primed for a breakout for about 3 years now. Has he gotten any first team action for West Ham yet?

When's he going to play? German Cup games? Bayern is straight stacked with top class wingers. Pep seems to really like him which is good but realistically he's looking at spot duty at best next season.

Well, Bayern will probably lock up the Bundesliga by early March next season, so that will give him some time in the league!

Feel like Ive hearing he's the next American primed for a breakout for about 3 years now. Has he gotten any first team action for West Ham yet?

played in the FA Cup for them once, no league apps

is there a good site to keep up with possible future prospects such as Zelalam?

If you hate yourself, the Yanks Abroad forum on BigSoccer is the best place. Each player has their own thread and anything even resembling news will be posted there. However, BigSoccer also contains some of the most delusional, negative and idiotic posters I have ever seen so consider yourself warned. The YA board isn't nearly as bad as the USA one though I try to stay away from the whole site unless I'm really looking for something.

Specifically for Zelalem there won't be much since he will rarely, if at all, play at Arsenal this season and anything regarding his citizenship will find its way here anyway.

Last edited:
Gyau to Dortmund is awesome, BTW. WTF is this all about, though???

Ghanasoccernet.com ‏@Ghanasoccernet 2h
EXCLUSIVE: Ghanaian attacker Gyau signs for German giants Borussia Dortmund http://bit.ly/VeOJxI

Silly Ghana, he's ours

Re Zelalem : he will play a lot in Arsenal's pre season friendlies with the first team and those games often have online streams you can find. Last summer he was dropping dime thru balls to Theo in SE Asia

If you hate yourself, the Yanks Abroad forum on BigSoccer is the best place. Each player has their own thread and anything even resembling news will be posted there. However, BigSoccer also contains some of the most delusional, negative and idiotic posters I have ever seen so consider yourself warned. The YA board isn't nearly as bad as the USA one though I try to stay away from the whole site unless I'm really looking for something.

Specifically for Zelalem there won't be much since he will rarely, if at all, play at Arsenal this season and anything regarding his citizenship will find its way here anyway.

It used to be good and readable back in the mid 2000s. Now it's people that think every American playing for a 3rd division Serbian team should be considered for the national team.

Seriously, fuck anyone that doesn't see Bradley's ability.

It used to be good and readable back in the mid 2000s. Now it's people that think every American playing for a 3rd division Serbian team should be considered for the national team.

And every American needs to start out in Belgium, Portugal or the Netherlands or if they are already in a big league they need to be loaned there. I haven't been there today but there's probably 20 pages discussing which Portuguese team Yedlin should join.

Back