• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - $70 Zelda Expansion!

Surprised no one here is talking about FF7 Rebirth coming out next week. Demo was fun.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

I’m not sure this movie can be good (given the studio) but the trailer doesn’t look terrible. Given that I only played Borderlands 2, I was stunned that Handsom Jack doesn’t seem to be in it, but apparently that is the way of Borderlands 1. Between not forcing that timeline, obviously not skimping on the acting budget and apparently not on the graphics, it would appear it’s not just a cash grab. Maybe Hart and Black can channel their Jumanji chemistry to help make it work.

Last edited:
I'm a little embarrassed to admit it but I kinda dig the Halo show still.

My 11 yo noped out of s1 after about 4 eps. I keep thinking about continuing but don't get around to firing it up.

Just finished the first season. I was about to bail because I hated a few of the characters and it was a little too by the numbers, but the last 3-4 episodes saved it for me. And I've heard the 2d season is better. Also, I love Bokeem Woodbine.

My buddies and I played Helldivers 2 all weekend and had a blast. It reminds me of Warhammer 40,000 Darktide mixed a little with Payday 2, but is largely its own animal. I’m not sure how long it will continue to be as entertaining as it is right now, but I’ve seen videos that lead me to believe I’ve still got a long way to go. If you ever played the first one, you get the gist, this one is just 3rd person. I’m always on the lookout for fun 3 or 4 player games if we can get the squad together, and this certainly fits the bill.

I will say the game is considerably more difficult if you are by yourself. Not necessarily less fun, but I’m pretty sure they don’t change anything about the difficulty whether you are a 4 man or solo. So the same amount of enemies and no one to help peel them off of you. If you’re going to play alone, you’re going to need to choose your battles much more wisely.

Back for a quick BG3 update:

Okay, so I went into BG3 blind with 0 D&D or CRPG experience, having basically watched no trailers, gameplay, anything.

Honestly, I saw this clip on twitter and it was kinda the final push on fuck it let's try it on Steam and if I don’t Iike it I’ll refund it.

So I go about my merry way just randomly doing shit and trip my way into clearing the goblin camp via Sazaza and poising the booze, dealing with the emerald grove, and have spent the last few hours exploring the Underdark and hanging out with the giant talking shrooms.

Rip off Nere’s head, get to the elevator and the game says something along the lines of “this is going to be brutal if you keep going forward”.

I’ve been doing this the entire time with Shadowheard, Wyll, and Astarion, and the entire time I was sitting there thinking that it’s really weird that I saw this green chick on a spaceship and haven’t seen her again, and that I also haven’t seen this random other dude on the cover of the game.

So I head back down to the crash site to see if I missed anything. Somehow like 25 hours earlier I missed this giant purple hole on the wall, and out comes Gale. Think that I found my brawler, nope, wizard. Then I remembered that I can get to Moonrise Towers via the mountain pass, and I’ve been just hanging out underground the whole time.

Roll up on 4 guys ready to throw hands, they kick my ass, but there’s Lae’zel!

So, now I know where she is and I have to level up a bit to grab her. I finally found my brawler, Karlach, and I’ve only been thinking about how much earlier I could have found her if I looked more at the companion quests.

In the back of my head, the only thing I can think about is just how fucking nuts that game design is. The fact the game is just apparently fine with me missing major characters and the ramifications that has on the world is what it is.

I’m assuming that Gale and Lae'zel would have popped up somewhere in act 2? Maybe they would have been gone for good?

To MoMo's clip, my reaction before having played the game was something along the lines of "holy shit that's wild". Now, having cleared the goblin camp and having a decent amount of time in the game, that video hits even harder knowing all of the possibilities and things you can do that I now know, and the shit that I know that I still have no comprehension of.

that's awesome, man. im glad you're enjoying it

the shadowfell is a steep ramp up in difficulty, i thought.

as far as missing stuff ive been trying hard not to go/look back so ic an do another run. i didn't even go to the mountain pass

Back for a quick BG3 update:

Okay, so I went into BG3 blind with 0 D&D or CRPG experience, having basically watched no trailers, gameplay, anything.

Honestly, I saw this clip on twitter and it was kinda the final push on fuck it let's try it on Steam and if I don’t Iike it I’ll refund it.

So I go about my merry way just randomly doing shit and trip my way into clearing the goblin camp via Sazaza and poising the booze, dealing with the emerald grove, and have spent the last few hours exploring the Underdark and hanging out with the giant talking shrooms.

Rip off Nere’s head, get to the elevator and the game says something along the lines of “this is going to be brutal if you keep going forward”.

I’ve been doing this the entire time with Shadowheard, Wyll, and Astarion, and the entire time I was sitting there thinking that it’s really weird that I saw this green chick on a spaceship and haven’t seen her again, and that I also haven’t seen this random other dude on the cover of the game.

So I head back down to the crash site to see if I missed anything. Somehow like 25 hours earlier I missed this giant purple hole on the wall, and out comes Gale. Think that I found my brawler, nope, wizard. Then I remembered that I can get to Moonrise Towers via the mountain pass, and I’ve been just hanging out underground the whole time.

Roll up on 4 guys ready to throw hands, they kick my ass, but there’s Lae’zel!

So, now I know where she is and I have to level up a bit to grab her. I finally found my brawler, Karlach, and I’ve only been thinking about how much earlier I could have found her if I looked more at the companion quests.

In the back of my head, the only thing I can think about is just how fucking nuts that game design is. The fact the game is just apparently fine with me missing major characters and the ramifications that has on the world is what it is.

I’m assuming that Gale and Lae'zel would have popped up somewhere in act 2? Maybe they would have been gone for good?

To MoMo's clip, my reaction before having played the game was something along the lines of "holy shit that's wild". Now, having cleared the goblin camp and having a decent amount of time in the game, that video hits even harder knowing all of the possibilities and things you can do that I now know, and the shit that I know that I still have no comprehension of.

that's actually the safety net for lae'zel i think

your first encounter with her off the ship is "supposed" to be outside of the grove

if she dies in the fight by the mountain pass (she did for me, actually) you can use a revivify but otherwise p sure she'd be dead

no idea re: Gale

gale is stuck in the portal unless you get him out; i don't think there's any chance for him to come back later

i saw someone earlier talking about how they realized that Balatro was a special game after seeing an interaction between two jokers (one of which allows you to make straights+flushes with 4 cards, and the other allows you to "skip" a card in a straight, so that something like 6-8-9-J would be a straight)

they compared it to the light bulb moment they experienced in Baba Is You, which checks out for me

i accidentally scored a royal flush off with that interaction the other day and it made me chuckle

Final Fantasy VII Rebirth

That’s the story.

I started playing Balatro last night and holy shit I am going to pour hours into the game. Feels laser targeted at me.

Back