• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - $70 Zelda Expansion!

my best runs in balatro so far have been when I can buff the straight and then also get the jokers that give you extra chips and mults for even and odd cards.
Even Steven is one of the better early game jokers, yeah

you can sustain to ante 2-3 with just that tbh

this whole thing rocks, but the 2:25 - 4:30 song absolutely kills it and got me to order the Castlevania collection on switch

In relation to that, Dead Cells released a Castlevania expansion that’s pretty fun.

My highest score on one turn is like 95K, and my best run was using full houses to basically buff the multiplier of playing the same hand + a high chip/mult base on full houses. Got to endless mode and through 2-3 more antes.

Only done like 5 runs though.

Yah about the same but with straights and the joker that lets you skip a number to make a straight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4651d92e6b3caaacf648a3ae34b4be64.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was running with some jokers that gave a +1 mult for every hand played and -1 for any discard, then a chip bonus if your played hand was four cards and a +2 chip bonus for however many cards left in your deck. So I just buffed the hell out of pair, two pair, and high card and just kept playing hands with whatever I had

Was running with some jokers that gave a +1 mult for every hand played and -1 for any discard, then a chip bonus if your played hand was four cards and a +2 chip bonus for however many cards left in your deck. So I just buffed the hell out of pair, two pair, and high card and just kept playing hands with whatever I had

two pair builds are a lot of fun

I had a seed a while back that got me double polychrome trousers in the first ante, but couldn't combo them with anything worthwhile

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    703.7 KB · Views: 11
  • image.png
    image.png
    708.9 KB · Views: 17
lol I was looking through other screenshots I took when I went to go get those, and man this deck was nuts

the way it worked was I used brainstorm + DNA to clone two red seal silver kings at the start of every round, then moved mime over to the left to trigger all of the red seal silver kings four times with brainstorm + mime

I think this was the run where I got 120 million on a high card ace

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Rhett is a "mini boss" in one of the diamond dynasty mode challenges in the show 24 which is pretty neat.

finallllly got past gold stake on the ghost deck, that took forever

Attachments

• PXL_20240323_182125620.jpg
    PXL_20240323_182125620.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 24
I have not but I’ll look it up. This game reminds me of an older PC game Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines
What I like about it is you get to control all different kind of troops. You may have 7 rifleman but as they get killed you spawn to another until they are gone then you can come in as a tank or plane. But personally I like being on a mortar squad and hitting the enemy with a well placed mortar that recharges every 45 seconds

so RSF what % of runs are you completing these days? I just beat 5 different decks to unlock the challenges, and I feel I struggle without the telescope

so RSF what % of runs are you completing these days? I just beat 5 different decks to unlock the challenges, and I feel I struggle without the telescope
depends on what i'm trying to do tbh

it took me a while to beat that gold stake the other day, and a lot of that was just restarting the run in ante 1 -- at those higher difficulties i think you need a pretty favorable first ante just to be able to sustain through antes 2 and 3. can't say i'm in a rush to try to gold stake a second deck (though I do already have the checkered deck ready to go there)

if i'm doing base difficulty for a given deck i feel like i could complete 50%? but that might be high, i think it's pretty easy to figure out pretty early on if a run is going to "work" or not and abandon ship. there are also times, like with that two pair deck i posted the other day, that i didn't really dominate at any point but just sorta got through that 8th ante and fell on my face as soon as i hit endless mode.

the run just now, i was just messing around with the plasma deck and didn't think it would really scale in endgame until i found a legendary joker (see the canio below), and then later a blueprint to double the effect. if i had been able to find a mime at any point, pretty sure that run would've been extended another couple antes, but ah well.

1711503549642.png

the other issue here was i ran out of fuel for canio. i didn't have a reliable way to generate more face cards, i think i ended the game with a single jack that i was never able to destroy

i've never messed much with challenges, though. maybe i'll poke around there.

i think first i want to finish my last few joker unlocks, which means a bunch of (hopefully fun) gimmick runs

Back