• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - The Last of Us = GOTY

Can we at least all agree that the best feature in any of the games was the auto follow from Revelations that for some reason was never kept?

So I probably played 18+ hours of AC2 this weekend (dunno if I should have beaten it by now) and have enjoyed all this gameplay. Also every instant I spend in da Vinci's studio I feel like a boss.

Which one of the AC2s had the villa chase ending? That might be my favorite end, very difficult but rewarding.

So I probably played 18+ hours of AC2 this weekend (dunno if I should have beaten it by now) and have enjoyed all this gameplay. Also every instant I spend in da Vinci's studio I feel like a boss.

I like to hire courtesans because Dat Ass.

Any recommendations for the Far Cry series? I have no idea what it's about other than knowing it's a FPS.

I never played the first two Far Cry games, though I heard the second was fairly insane. I did play Far Cry 3 and really enjoyed it, even if it did have too much of a "White Man's Burden" flavor to the story. It is basically open world, set in some fictional tropical islands. Lots of dangerous wildlife around that you can hunt or use to your advantage against enemies. The best part was liberating strongholds, because there were so many ways you could approach them that you could really experiment and have fun with it. The story isn't that good, but one of the villains is memorable. Should be able to get it cheap, and it is worth the time. Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon was an absolutely ridiculous stand alone game, which took the basic idea of Far Cry 3 and turned it in to an 80's action/sci-fi movie. Also pretty entertaining, but in a different fashion.

I played a lot of Far Cry 2. It's a fairly repetitive open world shoot'em up. Worth however much it costs now, no doubt.

I played a lot of Far Cry 2. It's a fairly repetitive open world shoot'em up. Worth however much it costs now, no doubt.

Yeah, I'm sure it's dirt cheap now and a good buy for several hours of entertainment. I did find it to be very repetitive though. The thing that finally annoyed me enough to quit playing is that the game encourages you to take missions requiring you to drive all over the map and visit the same locations again and again. This would be fine, except that you constantly have to clear a stronghold, drive to the objective, and on the way back clear the same dudes from the same stronghold that you have cleared (usually multiple times) before. Does Far Cry 3 do that?

Yeah, I'm sure it's dirt cheap now and a good buy for several hours of entertainment. I did find it to be very repetitive though. The thing that finally annoyed me enough to quit playing is that the game encourages you to take missions requiring you to drive all over the map and visit the same locations again and again. This would be fine, except that you constantly have to clear a stronghold, drive to the objective, and on the way back clear the same dudes from the same stronghold that you have cleared (usually multiple times) before. Does Far Cry 3 do that?

Not that I remember. When you clear out a stronghold that area stays friendly, though some enemies will respawn in the outskirts. I went through and collected EVERYTHING, so there were plenty of times that I returned to the same areas, but there is also a fast travel system that lets you jump to any of the strongholds you have already cleared (I think there are 30 of them). The set missions are rarely in the same location twice. It is repetitive, like any open world game, but there is also a great deal of randomization to the enemies and wildlife that mixes things up enough.

nice, the driving was the worst part of the game. every mission made you drive to the opposite end of the map. loved the game otehrwise, though

Not that I remember. When you clear out a stronghold that area stays friendly, though some enemies will respawn in the outskirts. I went through and collected EVERYTHING, so there were plenty of times that I returned to the same areas, but there is also a fast travel system that lets you jump to any of the strongholds you have already cleared (I think there are 30 of them). The set missions are rarely in the same location twice. It is repetitive, like any open world game, but there is also a great deal of randomization to the enemies and wildlife that mixes things up enough.

Also, after you clear a stronghold, you can fast travel.

I didn't feel as if travel was ever a burden in FC3.

Thinking about finally picking up an Xbox One here soon. Worth it now at 400.00 or keep playing the waiting game?

Thinking about finally picking up an Xbox One here soon. Worth it now at 400.00 or keep playing the waiting game?

Come join the rest of the world in whooping my ass on FIFA 14. I was pretty good at the previous 15 iterations but I just can't play defense in this one. My average match is a 4-0 loss. So frustrating.

Come join the rest of the world in whooping my ass on FIFA 14. I was pretty good at the previous 15 iterations but I just can't play defense in this one. My average match is a 4-0 loss. So frustrating.

I'll probably pick up a console before FIFA'15 comes out. I doubt there will be any price changes before then, correct? And is it worth it to pick up the version with kinect or no?

Newer, shinier, google-ier map trivia game....

SmartyPins

It's better to take a hint if you're not sure, a few wrong answers and you run out of miles quickly.

Back