• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - The Last of Us = GOTY

c30.jpg

I think I'm actually leaning to waiting at least one more holiday season and getting a next gen system in 2015.

For the Hearthstoners out there: the Curse of Naxxramas expansion comes out Tuesday.

For the Hearthstoners out there: the Curse of Naxxramas expansion comes out Tuesday.

Siiiick.

I hearthstone pretty much every day. Not a lot--usually 2-3 games, or as many as it takes to finish a quest. Sometimes I'll let my quests pile up and then just sit on the couch on Saturday and play on the iPad.

Siiiick.

I hearthstone pretty much every day. Not a lot--usually 2-3 games, or as many as it takes to finish a quest. Sometimes I'll let my quests pile up and then just sit on the couch on Saturday and play on the iPad.

That's basically where I'm at - did you know you can reroll one quest every single day? I just found that out and it's great.

Apparently Dota 2's TI4 is on ESPN3. That seems pretty cool.

If you're wondering what the big deal about any of this is, it's also streaming on Twitch. Today finishes up the lower bracket, to decide who goes into the Grand Finals tomorrow vs Newbee (with a $6 million prize). Only one US team (Evil Geniuses) is still around. We're about to see Game 3 of a best of three between Cloud9 and Vici Gaming.

http://www.twitch.tv/dota2ti

There's also a broadcasting stream for noobs, with my personal favorite caster sunsfan: http://www.twitch.tv/dota2ti_noob

Lots of buzz about the new version of Doom that they showed at QuakeCon (no video for me to link). It's supposed to be old school gameplay with new school graphics. Can't wait.

That's basically where I'm at - did you know you can reroll one quest every single day? I just found that out and it's great.

Yep, I do it all the time. I basically play my Priest deck all the time (it's at lvl48 now, lol), so I always reroll trying to get Priest quests.

I tend to bounce between characters when I can, but mainly use Mage, Priest, and Hunter. The Priest's Divine Spirit - Inner Fire combo is almost unfair, especially when paired with a Lightwell. You can get all that out by turn 3 and the game is essentially over at that point. Luck of the draw, I guess, but I still think it is OP.

I want to play Anti-mage because everyone cheered when someone picked him.

Soo. Hearthstone Naxx out today, made it through the first wing on normal difficulty without losing once with an all basic cards priest deck. I'm sure it'll get much harder, but it's nice to get those reward cards into the bank.

Soo. Hearthstone Naxx out today, made it through the first wing on normal difficulty without losing once with an all basic cards priest deck. I'm sure it'll get much harder, but it's nice to get those reward cards into the bank.

Hmm, I had to switch to a Hunter deck to beat the second lady. Her hero power (shooting missiles equal to amount of cards in your hand) was an issue for my priest deck b/c it typically holds cards until end game.

I tend to bounce between characters when I can, but mainly use Mage, Priest, and Hunter. The Priest's Divine Spirit - Inner Fire combo is almost unfair, especially when paired with a Lightwell. You can get all that out by turn 3 and the game is essentially over at that point. Luck of the draw, I guess, but I still think it is OP.

Hah. I've played hundreds of games and only seen that successfully executed once. It basically has to happen early game, because by mid game people usually have the crowd control cards they need.

Hmm, I had to switch to a Hunter deck to beat the second lady. Her hero power (shooting missiles equal to amount of cards in your hand) was an issue for my priest deck b/c it typically holds cards until end game.

Ha yeah she was the only close game I had, but after getting burned by the power the first time I just started playind my cards a little more liberally. I had a pretty good draw too and was lucky to take out one of her more powerful minions with a shadow word card before she could do any damage with it (don't remember what it specifically was).

Back