• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - The Last of Us = GOTY

Thinking about finally picking up an Xbox One here soon. Worth it now at 400.00 or keep playing the waiting game?

I am thinking that come holiday time, which is just around the corner, there's gonna be some deals on XBONES. Maybe not huge deals but I'm betting you'll see them at $299(no knect) or perhaps $350 with some games thrown in.

I'm sure this has been covered extensively earlier in this thread, but I'll ask again. PS4 or Xbox?

Any rrod type issues or anything else I should be aware of. I'm basically only buying to play FIFA. A couple friends went the PS4 route so I'm leaning that way.

Come join the rest of the world in whooping my ass on FIFA 14. I was pretty good at the previous 15 iterations but I just can't play defense in this one. My average match is a 4-0 loss. So frustrating.

oh man, we should play some fifa sometime

I'm sure this has been covered extensively earlier in this thread, but I'll ask again. PS4 or Xbox?

Any rrod type issues or anything else I should be aware of. I'm basically only buying to play FIFA. A couple friends went the PS4 route so I'm leaning that way.

The Last of Us and GTAV are coming to PS4, so there are some dang good games coming down the pipeline

oh man, we should play some fifa sometime

I'm so butthurt about FIFA 14. I stopped playing for a while because the game encouraged over-aggressive defensive tactics without any drawback such as players getting tired, etc. As soon as you got the ball, the other player would come to defend along with teammate contain and you'd turn it over. It became one giant game of keep-away. Add to the fact that lobbed through balls and corners were so incredibly broken and I was getting routed every game.

Just got a ps4. What games should I get? I am thinking infamous and fifa to start. Any other recommendations for must haves?

I've never heard of anyone on this forum playing City of Heroes/Villains, but even if you haven't, fairly interesting developments are going on. The game was shut down by NCSoft October of 2012. Apparently there was an effort(s) to purchase the IP from NCSoft, but nothing happened. Subsequently a few splinter groups set off to create their own "spiritual successor", an effort I personally see as doomed to fail. Create an MMO in your spare time? Just don't see it happening. In the last few days, it's been leaked that NCSoft is back at the table willing to sell and apparently, it's at the haggling stage. So the game actually looks like it will be reopened.

FYI for the .5% chance one of you cares.

I am thinking that come holiday time, which is just around the corner, there's gonna be some deals on XBONES. Maybe not huge deals but I'm betting you'll see them at $299(no knect) or perhaps $350 with some games thrown in.

my thoughts exactly. i'm going to wait for xmas and get the xbox one with whatever bundle is most appealing (basically whichever comes with fifa 15 or new assassins creed). last christmas there were some bundles that included 2-3 games, and that seems like the way to go.

Finally finished up AC:Revelations so I'm planning to start Red Dead Redemption. AC got to be a little tedious towards the end. I played AC II, AC:B and Revelations back to back, so I'm definitely looking forward to something different.

Revelations was the weakest of those three as well. You should have a ton of fun with RDR. It's a tremendous game.

I've never heard of anyone on this forum playing City of Heroes/Villains, but even if you haven't, fairly interesting developments are going on. The game was shut down by NCSoft October of 2012. Apparently there was an effort(s) to purchase the IP from NCSoft, but nothing happened. Subsequently a few splinter groups set off to create their own "spiritual successor", an effort I personally see as doomed to fail. Create an MMO in your spare time? Just don't see it happening. In the last few days, it's been leaked that NCSoft is back at the table willing to sell and apparently, it's at the haggling stage. So the game actually looks like it will be reopened.

FYI for the .5% chance one of you cares.

I played it for years, then moved to Warcraft. Went back when it was free and it just seemed so primitive. It needs a graphics overhaul, better AI, and zone expansion. PVP was entertaining.

I've been craving a new game to play but haven't really found anything to pull the trigger on. Whats the CPU game on steam where you point and click inside of a house and slowly learn the story of the family? I've heard that's a good one but can't remember the name. Any suggestions are appreciated as always

I've been craving a new game to play but haven't really found anything to pull the trigger on. Whats the CPU game on steam where you point and click inside of a house and slowly learn the story of the family? I've heard that's a good one but can't remember the name. Any suggestions are appreciated as always

Gone Home? I thought it was decent, didn't get into it as much as others on here. Very short.

Back