• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - The Last of Us = GOTY

If there are any other Xbone owners that want in on the beta, I have two extra codes. I would agree with Diesel that it's well done, reminds me of a Halo campaign except you combine with random online players during missions. Sort of weird at first how they just pop in but it fits in the story and I've grown to like it.

I would love to give it a go tonight as well.

I played another hour or so last night. The game is amazing. Several articles I've read suggest it's a combination of WoW and Diablo, which really fits. Some first impressions.... You can wander around on your own, get into fights with the wrong enemy that wrecks you, team up with random players to take him out, and get loot/xp for it. You can summon a customizable hoverbike to cruise around on land. The style is new, but very sci fi, clean and engaging. The menus are easy to navigate around with the implementation of the R stick as a mouse moving a reticle around to select your choices. I also like that you don't have to worry about your inventory getting bogged down and having to find a vendor to sell items to, you can dismantle unwanted items for cash and there's no Fallout style weight limits.

I'll be sad when the beta's over.

Just watched some gameplay footage of the Destiny beta. I'm in. When this gets released, we'll have to form some groups and go shoot stuff.

I'm in when I get my Xbone. Just waiting on a good deal at this point. I guess cyber monday or black friday...

I've got two beta codes for Destiny on Xbox One. I'll just leave them here, first come first serve.

X3MY3-HJQG2-JWXY7-QQFPG-33M9Z
34H99-VXTDY-HXFWY-WMC7H-FTCPZ

When will fifa 14 go on sale? 15 is out in September so I feel like they have to start marking it down

I haven't played 14 but everyone I know hates it and has adamantly told me to buy 15 instead of waiting for the price cut.
Playing 13 now to hold myself over.

Buy 14 if you want op headers, lobbed through balls and playing against teams that press you all game with no consequences

14 wasn't terrible. World Cup edition was extremely disappointing. WC editions are normally the best

Had time for a couple Naxx battles last night - very well done by the design team. The new cards and enemy decks are in many ways a response to the popular meta decks that populate H Stone today. It's a good challenge.

I just wish you could complete daily quests in Naxx mode.

The Destiny beta worked; I pre-ordered the game last night. The comp I keep reading on it is Halo meets Borderlands, which seems pretty accurate so far.

iPad play is clutch. My only beef is occasional lag since I have an older iPad (2?).

I have an ipad and was into card games growing up (pokemon then yugioh), is this hearthstone thing for me? And how big of a disadvantage am I at for starting this late?

I have an ipad and was into card games growing up (pokemon then yugioh), is this hearthstone thing for me? And how big of a disadvantage am I at for starting this late?

Yes, it is for you. It's more nuanced than Pokemon, but less complicated than Magic. Very easy to learn; more difficult to master and build a good card catalog (without spending money). Speaking of, it can be completely free and IMO is a better experience if you take the time to earn your cards and gold.

Back