• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - The Last of Us = GOTY

I have an ipad and was into card games growing up (pokemon then yugioh), is this hearthstone thing for me? And how big of a disadvantage am I at for starting this late?
Yes, it's for you. You are not at a disadvantage. It can get annoying if you move up too high in rank and people just blast you with legendary cards, but you'll gain good cards of your own the more you play.

So I was playing as a warlock but damn are priests op

Eh, in top level matches priests are actually the least represented class/deck, though I don't know if Naxx will change that. But wrt basic decks they're pretty great when you still don't have a lot of the other nice cards because you can do a good job controlling most of the time and then be in a good position end-game.

Lock's tough. You have to strike a fine balance between when to do things, and I think you really really need certain cards available to make them truly good. But I got spanked by an experienced Lock the other day, and it wasn't even just about a bad draw.

IMO the Mage and Rogue decks can be KILLER with the right cards and experienced players. Sometimes I just feel helpless against them in higher level matches.

IMO the Mage and Rogue decks can be KILLER with the right cards and experienced players. Sometimes I just feel helpless against them in higher level matches.

Yep those are defs the top decks pre-Naxx. Fucking miracle rogues.

So, I had no idea that the first quarter of Naxx was free and you are just paying for the other four sections. That's pretty awesome. I've not spent a dollar on Hearthstone yet, but I feel like I've gotten plenty of enjoyment out of it. I always spend my gold on arena passes, which eliminates the problem of getting spanked by people with tons of legendaries.

Lol, hearthstone tips:

1) look up zoo deck
2) build it if you can
3)????
4) profit

Just put this deck together to try and get to rank 20 before end of the season arrives Thursday(for the card back), and rattled off 8 wins in a row (and jumped from 25 > 19) before I decided to call it quits for the night (still undefeated with it). Granted, this is against inferior 19-25 lvl competition, but that's still pretty impressive. You just gotta jump ahead early and keep board control with smart minion trading.

Now I see why peeps were saying Locks/Rogues were dominating and OP over the last month.

Zoo decks are by far your best option if your resources are limited. I got to rank 7 in June with mine, and it's not even 'optimal' (meaning I would make changes if I had the cards).

I have since built a Rogue deck whose primary purpose is to wreck Zoo decks because they're so common in the meta...and I got to 9 this season.

Would anyone be willing to share some decks or links to help beat the heroic Naxx stuff?

The Grand Widow is cake if you use a Zoo deck, but the other two are hard as balls. Help!

Lvl9 is pretty good, HTTD. I've never been higher than 12 with my priest deck. I may work on a Rogue deck next season.

Lvl9 is pretty good, HTTD. I've never been higher than 12 with my priest deck. I may work on a Rogue deck next season.

I used a variant of this deck. It's pretty much 100% against Zoo, although not nearly as good against other setups.

Definitely put a Bloodmage in if you have it - he's great in this kind of deck.

I really just want to make a miracle rogue, but I haven't collected enough dust to craft a Leroy Jenkins.

Re: Miracle Rogues (or Freeze Mages)

I can't wait until I unlock this card:

184px-Loatheb_Gold.png

I didn't know others played HS. Been playing for two or so months now.

I have a decent zoo deck (got it to rank 11) and have a fun warlock deck with Jaraxxus.

I've been playing a lot with the Priest lately and trying to make some arena runs. My best arena run is 8 wins (INFINITE RUNS!) How are yalls arena type runs going?

I just want a good legendary card so bad. I've found three: Baron Geddon, King Crush, and some stupid 3-mana gnome Tinker with a battlecry that randomly turns a minion into a 1/1 squirrel or 5/5 robot. That type of randomness is really tough to play with.

Tinker used to be Godly (apparently) before it was nerfed. I still think he can be an awesome card in a Druid token deck, or even a paladin deck. You just need to control the board with small minions and the EV on that card is ridiculous.

I guess he could also be used defensively against handlock decks, but that's much more situational.

Back