• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - The Last of Us = GOTY

Calm the hell down, there's nothing that screams "COMMUNISM" in this discussion.

Rumors are that the used game market is going to be destroyed by gaming companies. Microsoft isn't gonna ban used games, they're leaving it up to gaming companies to make their own policies about that, but the technology to enforce something like that will be in the console.

Also, PS4 is already heavily rumored to already have policy banning used games completely. Unless you wanna play WiiU for the next 8 years, looks like you're buying a piece of shit console.
You've chosen the Dark Side.

Really wishing I could afford to throw $40 at OOTP right now. I've been craving that shit for a while. I NEED A FIX

I know I will get the new CoD but this still made me chuckle...

Nice...

CoD takes a leap forward when they can figure out how to put enemies in the game that don't just re-spawn endlessly until you walk past a certain landmark.

For those interested, "State of Decay" just came out on XBLA. I haven't played it yet, but it seems to be a pretty hardcore zombie survival game with a ton of different systems in place. You get safe houses that you can fortify, find other survivors to help (but you have to manage the morale of the entire group), loot with finite resources and so forth. Looks a bit glitchy, but also has tons of potential. I'll probably give the demo a shot and see if it holds my interest.

I need a new strategy game. Enjoyed the Myst series and Portal series. Anyone have any suggestions?

I assume that you mean puzzle games, given your examples. LIMBO was pretty good, thought kind of front loaded. I've heard that Braid was very good, though haven't played it myself.

I assume that you mean puzzle games, given your examples. LIMBO was pretty good, thought kind of front loaded. I've heard that Braid was very good, though haven't played it myself.

yeah puzzle/strategy/whater you want to call it, always have love games like that

Braid is fantastic.

The new Tomb Raider is a pretty great adventure/puzzle solving game.

I got the X series box from Steam a while back and have been slowly getting into X3 Terran Conflict. Beautiful game, but my God it's a slow start. I have been flying my spaceship around trading ore forever so I can get enough money to buy a fighter good enough to go hunt pirates and not get slaughtered. One the plus side, I can make progress while watching the NBA finals - tell spaceship to buy ore and fly to place to sell ore, go watch two possessions, sell ore and tell spaceship to go back to ore mine, go watch two possessions, repeat. Hopefully by the end of the weekend I'll have my badass fighter...

I need a new strategy game. Enjoyed the Myst series and Portal series. Anyone have any suggestions?

Did you play all 5 Mysts? I actually haven't gotten around to the final one, but the first 4 were fantastic. (I think I probably enjoyed the storyline of #4 the most, but disliked the puzzles in that one more than in the others. Too much like mathematical brainteasers, less like traditional Myst puzzles).

Want some adventuring and platforming? I cannot recommend "Psychonauts" highly enough.

How about some old-school adventuring? The "Monkey Island" series were very well written, and very funny.

Want environmental puzzles and platforming? The newer "Prince of Persia" series were very good.

Most of those are under $10 through Steam.

Anyone been following Wildstar at all? They've had 2 rounds of stress tests already and are in closed beta right now. Ratchet and Clank the MMO is definitely the visual style, but I think it looks gorgeous.

algoroc22.jpg

wdstr_screen_034.jpg

algoroc19.jpg

mechari02.jpg

Fable 3 and the first chapter of Walking Dead are free on XBox Live right now before the big announcements at E3 today.

Thanks for the heads up on Fable 3. Played the second when it was released, but never got around to the third.

Darn. Wish they'd give away games I don't already have. :(

FYI - State of Decay on XBLA is pretty fun.

From Microsoft's presentation. A list of announcements from a reddit thread:

9:35 - The stream has begun!
9:36 - Metal Gear Solid V Trailer is being shown. Open World, Real Time, Deeper Stealth aspects, diverse locations
9:44 - The Xbox 360 is being updated - Smaller, sleeker, available today!
9:45 - Starting July 1st, gold members will be getting 2 free games per month! Assassin's Creed 2 & Halo 3!
9:47 - World of Tanks Exclusive for Xbox 360! Provides 15 on 15 Tank Warfare! Coming this Summer
9:50 - Max the Curse of Brotherhood announced.
9:51 - Dark Souls 2 gameplay being shown!
9:53 - All new games after this will be for Xbox One
9:55 - New Franchise Announced RYSE: Son of Rome | Looks fantastic!
10:01 - Crytek is speaking about RYSE, and tells how the power of the Xbox One has helped them reach their vision.
10:02 - Rare announces Killer Instinct
10:03 - Sunset OverDrive announced, produced by Insomniac Games | Open World Real Time Shooter, Cartoony Art Style, , Guns powered by Soda.
10:06 - Forza Motorsport 5 video shown. There's a Mcclarin P1 on stage. They talk about how the power of the Xbox One has transcended and allows them to capture the many details of their game.
Talks about true innovation, Cloud Processing, and true AI. Shows off how games learn from your decisions in the Cloud. Your personalized AI learns all the specifics on how you drive, can play while you're gone to earn you credits.
10:10 - Forza MotorSport 5 all in-game footage is being shown
10:13 - Minecraft will be coming to Xbox One
10:14 - Sam Lake is talking about Quantum Break | Game Footage shown
10:17 - D4 An episodic murder mystery has been announced
10:18 - Project Spark has been announced. The World Editor allows you to create entire worlds within minutes. Utilizes Smartglass for God Mode, but is also usable with a regular controller. You'll be able to jump into 3rd person where you will be able to fight off enemies, invasions, and alter the Earth as you go. The level editor looks outstanding, and you will be able to share your creations with others.
This game will spark your imagination! Cross-platform with Xbox One & Windows 8
10:24 - Talks about Xbox Live and the new features |
Smartglass can sync with your Xbox One to find online games, access in-game stats, and check DVR clips.
10:26 - Killer Instinct is being shown off, and shows off how fight sticks are better than controllers.
10:27 - Upload Studio is shown | Lets you record, edit, commentate his clips, and easily share it on the cloud.
10:28 - Partnership with Twitch! You can broadcast your games on the fly, and is built into the Xbox One
10:29 - Friends list increased, Points going away for real currency, and your gold membership can be utilized by other people when you're not online.
10:30 - Crimson Dragon has been announced
10:31 - Dead Rising 3 has been announced! Open world, hundreds of weapons, zombies can hang onto your vehicles to drag you out, utilizes smartglass to call in things such as artillery support. Available this Holiday
10:38 - Witcher 3 is being talked about | Open World, over 100 hours of gameplay, non-linear quests, option kinect voice options for spells, Smartglass can be used as a different UI for things such as your inventory.
10:41 - EA talks about a new era of Battlefield 4. The gameplay footage is not playing! No one knows what to do
10:44 - The gameplay footage is finally being shown
10:49 - BattleField 4's 1st DLC will on the Xbox one before other consoles
10:50 - Below has been announced! Rogue RPG
10:51 - Exclusive Xbox One footage of an untitled game is being shown
10:53 - New Halo coming 2014 | Dedicated Servers, 60 FPS, utilizes Cloud gaming
10:57 - Xbox One will launch this November for $499. Will launch for 499 euros Europe.
10:58 - Titan is being shown. Mechs and soldiers work together in multiplayer battles. Will launch in 2014
11:06 - It's over!

Back