• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Baseball

Was that Nate Mondou's first grand slam? Nice to have the hot bat up with the bases juiced.

Damn we didn't score. Fielder's choice with a runner thrown out at home and then a double play. 8-8 going to the bottom of the 9th.

BC doubles with one out and tried to score on a single, but got gunned out from right field by Rodriguez to keep the game alive!

Headed to bottom of 10. We subbed Craig out for a pinch runner in the 9th so if his spot gets back around he's not here which is unfortunate.

We LOVE to sac bunt. It's ridiculous.

Opponents strategy in crunch time should be hit it to our SS. Would have been an unlikely victory but a great one. Johnstoneneeds to go deep in the next game. Sellers has not a clean inning in a very long time. His best work was done in OOC play. Regroup and get the next one. Surprised at how many runs BC has scored. I would have thought 8 runs would win today.

Last edited:
Walter sending the runner from 3rd again with no one out and no one on 2nd....about the 5th or 6th time we've tried that this year and been thrown out at the plate...

Opponents strategy in crunch time should be hit it to our SS. Would have been an unlikely victory but a great one. Johnstoneneeds to go deep in the next game. Sellers has not a clean inning in a very long time. His best work was done in OOC play. Regroup and get the next one. Surprised at how many runs BC has scored. I would have thought 8 runs would win today.

Yeah, you have to go way, way back to April 22nd against UNC - a full five games ago. And that's if you don't count the inning he pitched against App State on April 26th (two games ago) where he gave up two meaningless hits in a scoreless inning of relief.

Disappointing day. Bad defense and leaving lots of runners on doomed the Deacs. Losing 2 out of 3 isn't the worst thing that could have happened but 2 of 3 was very possible. 3 more errors and only 1 earned run. I have no doubt that field probably sucks but throwing errors are unrelated. Gotta get HP then VT.

Just got back from the games. A few brief remarks before dinner and I'll add more later. First, another craphole of a BC facility. Good showing by WF fans. Offense is fine but base running and defense were atrocious again. Disappointing day where we could've taken two.

Back